Are the Chiefs the bad guys? v4.0

notthatbluestuff

9 minutes ago, SkolMasterMN said:

He's competitive. I don't think of him as an unsportsmanlike player. He 99% of the time is a very sportsmanlike player. Everyone has their moments. Half of the QBs in the league have probably behaved like Mahomes did before.

I could be wrong here, but I don't recall any player ever complaining about a clearly correct call for a boneheaded move by their own teammate.

The only ones that apply here would be illegal shift, illegal formation, false start, defensive player jumping or lining up offsides.

I have never seen someone complain that one of those shouldn't have been called that was CLEARLY legit

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, FrantikRam said:

I could be wrong here, but I don't recall any player ever complaining about a clearly correct call for a boneheaded move by their own teammate.

The only ones that apply here would be illegal shift, illegal formation, false start, defensive player jumping or lining up offsides.

I have never seen someone complain that one of those shouldn't have been called that was CLEARLY legit

That’s why I’m calling it pathetic crying. Like I still love the guy but Jesus H. Take that anger out on your teammates, maybe then they’ll stop committing stupid presnap penalties 

All this does is make the refs and the other fans hate you and the Chiefs more than they already did lol

Edited by Chiefer

3 hours ago, BetterCallSaul said:

These seem like overreactions. This happens all the time.

Look, I hope the Chiefs go 0-17 next year and for the foreseeable future. I don't like them at all. I'm just saying that pretending that your team doesn't have players that would do the exact same thing is silly. It might not get caught on camera every week, but I assure you that the refs are getting lambasted by coaches/players all the time. This is also coming from someone who loathes referees more than anyone on the face of the earth, but it's factual.

Plenty of players complain to the refs. I'm sure a player continually verbally harassing a ref & having to be held back by teammates is much rarer. I can't recall any instances although i'm sure there are some. 

And all that too over the correct call

I don't think Mahomes is a bad person, but that was  100% a bad moment for him. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, 49ersfan said:

Plenty of players complain to the refs. I'm sure a player continually verbally harassing a ref & having to be held back by teammates is much rarer. I can't recall any instances although i'm sure there are some. 

They were trying to avoid him getting a penalty flag thrown on him, or a suspension. I highly doubt Mahomes was about to go punch the ref. And if you don't think refs are getting verbally harassed all game long by coaches and sometimes players, you've never been on a sideline. It's pretty much an all-game thing. Maybe not to that level, but it happens regularly.

And all that too over the correct call

Yeah it was.

I don't think Mahomes is a bad person, but that was  100% a bad moment for him. 

Yeah it was. He looked like a fool, but so does every freaking DB who pass interferes the crap outta someone and then throws their hands up like a lunatic and goes crying to the refs. That happens 5-6x in every game I feel like.

Whining/yelling at refs is commonplace. Whether it should be or not is a separate debate, but people are acting like this was the first time something like this has happened. The refs weren't/aren't in any danger.

5 hours ago, BetterCallSaul said:

I don't blame Mahomes for pleading to the refs. Tha'ts petty. I simply hate the Chiefs because they are good. And I used to hate them for having Frank Clark & Tyreek Hill--two dudes that should be felons.

Every team has dudes that whine and cry to the referees for flags. Multiple dudes. It's part of the game, to be honest.

it's not just the pleading to the refs. the trantrum he threw yesterday & complaining to the media was pure entitlement.

• Like 2

22 minutes ago, SkolMasterMN said:

He's competitive. I don't think of him as an unsportsmanlike player. He 99% of the time is a very sportsmanlike player. Everyone has their moments. Half of the QBs in the league have probably behaved like Mahomes did before.

Everyone is competitive. You are confusing being competitive with being a jerk. I agree that everyone has there moments. This wasn't a moment. This was basically a 30 minute tantrum that ended with Mahomes saying the penalty shouldn't have been called because it didn't matter to the play. Show me an example of another QB that gave this much of an outburst over the correct call. I genuinely cannot think of an example. It's really like a child playing a video game. 

4 minutes ago, BetterCallSaul said:

Whining/yelling at refs is commonplace. Whether it should be or not is a separate debate, but people are acting like this was the first time something like this has happened. The refs weren't/aren't in any danger.

Getting held back by your team as you aggressively rush back toward the refs with the body language of wanting to fight isn’t normal. Especially over a minor call like that. 

I don’t know who’s games your watching where that commonplace. Name me five instances in the NfL this season where that’s a thing? Are you Rewatching Bobby Knight highlights? Or maybe you flipped on Johnny McEnroe idk. 

• Like 2

19 minutes ago, FrantikRam said:

Yeah but Mahomes is just competitive. Those other players don't have his drive.

• Like 1

It was also pointed out that Toney got away running a pick play downfield to get Kelce open to make the initial catch, so we're up to 3 deserved flags on KC for that play along with Toney lining up offsides and Taylor lining up in the backfield.  Only 1 of the 3 were called.