Are the Chiefs the bad guys? v4.0

notthatbluestuff

13 minutes ago, e16bball said:

I didn’t like Mahomes whining to Allen either. But there were some tantrums along the way for Tom, too, and for most of the ultimate competitors. It’ll be interesting to see if Mahomes can now take the anger and frustration and use them to transform into the killer, as Tom did. I’ll be rooting for him to do so.

The most Brady did was run off the field without finding the opposing QB, he did that a few times as I recall.

34 minutes ago, Chiefer said:

I could make a highlight reel of the Chiefs not getting the calls too, hell a ref was forcibly retired after how badly he officiated a Chiefs game. But I’m not obsessed like that guy Jesus Christ 

Yeah that pathetic twitter thread was from a Broncos troll. There are missed calls in every game. Hell, there was a badly missed call against the Chiefs last week! 

3 minutes ago, SkolMasterMN said:

Honestly the guy has won two super bowls before the age of 28. He's frustrated, it happens in sports. Hard for me to rip on him

This is really how I feel. It was a terrible look for him and Reid, (and I think Reid was just backing up Mahomes) but he doesn't have a history of behaving like this. I'm not going to let one incident paint my perception of him.

• Like 3

I didn't mind them being upset on the field. But two things really rubbed me the wrong way / makes me view Mahomes a little differently now. 

One was obviously him going up to Allen after the game and crying to him about the call. WTF was that. I know they have a good relationship so Mahomes was prob just heated and him/Allen might have a friendly competitive nature but so weird. 

Two was then going to the post game press conference and doubling down when you can CLEARLY see Toney lining up offsides. Then Mahomes essentially saying, well I know he was offsides but they should let the play unfold and not call that with 2 minutes left to play..

Uhhhhh what... The penalty happened before the play. So the refs are now supposed to pick up the flag because you scored a cool touchdown?! wtf is he talking about. 

3 minutes ago, BroncoSojia said:

This is really how I feel. It was a terrible look for him and Reid, (and I think Reid was just backing up Mahomes) but he doesn't have a history of behaving like this. I'm not going to let one incident paint my perception of him.

Yup, it'd be different if it was a consistent pattern like how Diggs acts. Mahomes never acts like that. Clearly some pent up frustration for a guy who has expectations for his team through the roof.

33 minutes ago, SkolMasterMN said:

Honestly the guy has won two super bowls before the age of 28. He's frustrated, it happens in sports. Hard for me to rip on him

No, it's pretty easy to rip him. No one is ripping on his talent, that is undeniable. He is a great QB. Though it is very easy to question his character and sportsmanship. 

3 hours ago, SmittyBacall said:

I feel like a lot of this is not just about Mahomes, but about everything he's associated with - his wife, his brother, Kelce and the Swifties. An incident like this makes for an easy target.

I don't think Kelce and the Swifties should have made anyone dislike Mahomes. Sure it might have been annoying how much attention they got, but Kelce and The Swifties were pretty much harmless. 

2 minutes ago, LeotheLion said:

No, it's pretty easy to rip him. No one is ripping on his talent, that is undeniable. He is a great QB. Though it is very easy to question his character and sportsmanship. 

He's competitive. I don't think of him as an unsportsmanlike player. He 99% of the time is a very sportsmanlike player. Everyone has their moments. Half of the QBs in the league have probably behaved like Mahomes did before.

• Like 2

38 minutes ago, The BILLievers said:

I didn't mind them being upset on the field. But two things really rubbed me the wrong way / makes me view Mahomes a little differently now. 

One was obviously him going up to Allen after the game and crying to him about the call. WTF was that. I know they have a good relationship so Mahomes was prob just heated and him/Allen might have a friendly competitive nature but so weird. 

Two was then going to the post game press conference and doubling down when you can CLEARLY see Toney lining up offsides. Then Mahomes essentially saying, well I know he was offsides but they should let the play unfold and not call that with 2 minutes left to play..

Uhhhhh what... The penalty happened before the play. So the refs are now supposed to pick up the flag because you scored a cool touchdown?! wtf is he talking about. 

Yea I am very confused about  them complaining about the play. Like if a defensive player was CLEARLY lined up offsides but they did NOT call it, they'd complain to the league about that. So they would basically complain when something just doesn't go their way I guess. Very confusing

• Like 1