Are the Chiefs the bad guys? v4.0

notthatbluestuff

1 hour ago, Soko said:

If it happened that way, then there’d be legit complaining to do. Like, the ref at the point the ball is being snapped, isn’t going to not call it offsides just because the WR checked with him first if he is indeed offsides…but still. Getting told by the officiating crew that you are good, then getting flagged for being misaligned? That’d be ridiculous. AFAIK there are no real consequences to officials besides not being brought in for the playoffs, but something like that should be cause for discipline, if it did happen that way. 

As an update, Andy confirmed Toney did not check with the ref.

So yeah, dude's just a moron.

• Like 3

4 minutes ago, Jakuvious said:

As an update, Andy confirmed Toney did not check with the ref.

So yeah, dude's just a moron.

Makes Mahomes look even dumber for the “we’ve been taught that since peewee football” comment, whatever it was. Should’ve said that to Toney instead…

Pretty sure the main reason Mahomes didn't get flagged/ejected, beside it being basically the end of the game, was who he is.

If it was a backup LB, OL etc doing what Mahomes did on the field at any point in the game when the clock wasn't winding down, i wonder what would happen. Flag? Ejection? 

I'm not scrolling through 7 pages, so this has probably been said multiple times, but this isn't some new revelation. I think many NFL fans have been burnt out on the Chiefs for the past 2-3 years. The Swift situation and Mahomes whiny attitude has only exacerbated the situation even more this season. I'd love to see the Chiefs go out in their first playoff game just to see some new teams in playing for the Super Bowl.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Soko said:

Makes Mahomes look even dumber for the “we’ve been taught that since peewee football” comment, whatever it was. Should’ve said that to Toney instead…

I don't really think any of what Mahomes said was a sound logical argument. I don't really think he intended it to be either. Dude was upset and let it get the better of him. He was processing and rationalizing the situation with a microphone in front of him, honestly the same way a fan would after a bad loss like that, but in front of the press. Personally, I won't hold it against him. I think he's earned that. But others want to, and will, and it is what it is.

• Like 4

2 minutes ago, tyler735 said:

I'm not scrolling through 7 pages, so this has probably been said multiple times, but this isn't some new revelation. I think many NFL fans have been burnt out on the Chiefs for the past 2-3 years. The Swift situation and Mahomes whiny attitude has only exacerbated the situation even more this season. I'd love to see the Chiefs go out in their first playoff game just to see some new teams in playing for the Super Bowl.

Guess you must’ve really enjoyed the end of the Payton/Brees era. Thank god other teams can take over the South, amirite? (;

1 hour ago, Jakuvious said:

I don't really think any of what Mahomes said was a sound logical argument. I don't really think he intended it to be either. Dude was upset and let it get the better of him. He was processing and rationalizing the situation with a microphone in front of him, honestly the same way a fan would after a bad loss like that, but in front of the press. Personally, I won't hold it against him. I think he's earned that. But others want to, and will, and it is what it is.

Agreed, virtually everywhere. It was a pretty dumb thing to say in its totality. Like, no, the fact that you haven’t had it called against you + there was under two minutes left in the game, is not a good reason to eat the whistle there.

That said, the general census has been waaaay more hostile than I’d have expected, tbh. It was a bad look, immature, and bad sportsmanship - but people really spun on Mahomes, from what I’ve seen. Maybe it’ll blow over and it’s just because it’s the most recent thing that it seems so loud, but I suspect that this is the type of thing that we’ll always hear about from casual fans. Maybe I just view this incident as a little more isolated, but AFAIK this is the first time he’s acted this way. I’m not going to crucify him for it. 

• Like 2

3 hours ago, e16bball said:

Are we sure that the Broncos aren’t villains? I almost posted that in the other “villains” thread.

They’re owned by Walmart (mega-corporation bent on taking over the country one community at a time), their coach is Sean Payton (Bountygate, bit of a ******), and their QB is Russell Wilson (at best, corny and lame, at worst, likely one of the nation’s most prolific serial killers). They employ and continue to defend the most overtly dirty player in the league this year in Kareem Jackson.

And then you’ve got these tweet storms and screen caps of vaguely missed calls involving the Chiefs over the course of years. If you thought Mahomes was whiny and annoying for 10 minutes after a bad call in a game he was playing in, just wait till you get to know Mile High Mims and his one-man crusade against the Chiefs/refs. 

Yeah, the team who has been an absolute mess the last decade are the villains

8 hours ago, LeotheLion said:

It was also that he is asking for a warning. It is 1 minute to go in the 4th quarter and the ref literally cannot see the ball because Toney is blocking it. This isn't pee wee football.

Toney was also lined up on the hash, not way out wide, where the ref actually might have said something to him.  I've seen plenty of "warnings" out wide, and never, ever seen a ref run to an inline receiver to help them line up correctly.