Are the Chiefs the bad guys? v4.0

notthatbluestuff

29 minutes ago, broncos67 said:

Crying for flags and doing what Mahomes (and Reid) did last night are two completely different things. What the Chiefs asked for last night was preferential treatment, not fair officiating. It was officiated fairly. Blame Toney for being lined up wrong. The flag was thrown in the beginning of the play. Mahomes and Reid should honestly be ashamed of themselves for the nonsense they're pulling

22 minutes ago, 49ersfan said:

Crying for a flag? He was verbally harassing the side judge & had to be held back by multiple teammates 

These seem like overreactions. This happens all the time.

Look, I hope the Chiefs go 0-17 next year and for the foreseeable future. I don't like them at all. I'm just saying that pretending that your team doesn't have players that would do the exact same thing is silly. It might not get caught on camera every week, but I assure you that the refs are getting lambasted by coaches/players all the time. This is also coming from someone who loathes referees more than anyone on the face of the earth, but it's factual.

• Like 2

31 minutes ago, broncos67 said:

Crying for flags and doing what Mahomes (and Reid) did last night are two completely different things. What the Chiefs asked for last night was preferential treatment, not fair officiating. It was officiated fairly. Blame Toney for being lined up wrong. The flag was thrown in the beginning of the play. Mahomes and Reid should honestly be ashamed of themselves for the nonsense they're pulling

There was a game not too long ago where the refs allowed the playclock on the final possession to hit zero for nearly 2 seconds before KC snapped the ball during the GW drive. They ended up converting and scoring a GW touchdown instead of it being 3rd and 12 on the last possession.

Whatever they are crying about right now holds no weight with me lol

GBCKunCa0AAJBMi?format=jpg&name=small

24 minutes ago, Soggust said:

Complaining to the refs in-game: completely normal and done by almost everyone in the league.

A QB whining and pointing at refs for flags is lame. Having an NFL great QB on the most successful team the last decade whining and pointing at refs for flags is beyond lame, especially when it feels like most calls go his/their way. There is a beautiful irony in all this fanbases are united over.

29 minutes ago, Soggust said:

Throwing a temper tantrum on the sideline: relatively normal and done by plenty of star QBs in the league, at some point in their careers.

Brady set the standard here, so fair - still wasn't a good look on him, a lot of which he probably regrets later, and is still not a good look on Mahomes.

30 minutes ago, Soggust said:

Complaining about officiating in the post-game press conference: still pretty standard behavior tbh. Myles Garrett literally called the officiating a travesty yesterday. I still think this is absolutely standard.

Yeah, but in most instances the call in question was typically blantantly incorrect, or at least ticky-tacky - for that it's justified. This was entirely the correct decision and a good call. If you want to be mad at someone, call out Toney for having his head up his butt at a crucial moment in the game. 

31 minutes ago, Soggust said:

Complaining to Allen during handshake: This is the one I'm not going to defend and I said before that Mahomes is weak af for doing. Allen aint the ref and complaining about any call discredits what the Bills did to win the game all because you are salty about errors that your own damn team made.

This was also poor, but maybe the one I sympathize with the most. It wouldn't surprise me if Allen asked about the call during the embrace, and Mahomes just explained. Still, learn to control yourself.

The seemingly unanimous alignment from non-Chief fanbases is pretty telling. All things considered, it was pretty reprehensible behavior and I would imagine Mahomes/Reid have their regrets this morning. I'm sure this will be a learning experience for both of them (hopefully).

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, SkolMasterMN said:

I think the Chiefs are very likable right now. 

Mahomes has always been likable. Reid is likable. Kelce and Taylor Swift are likable.

All around likable team

I feel like a lot of this is not just about Mahomes, but about everything he's associated with - his wife, his brother, Kelce and the Swifties. An incident like this makes for an easy target.

5 minutes ago, AkronsWitness said:

There was a game not too long ago where the refs allowed the playclock on the final possession to hit zero for nearly 2 seconds before KC snapped the ball during the GW drive. They ended up converting and scoring a GW touchdown instead of it being 3rd and 12 on the last possession.

Whatever they are crying about right now holds no weight with me lol

GBCKunCa0AAJBMi?format=jpg&name=small

lol my brother, are we really talking about a non-call from a week 4 game 5 years ago? 

but even still ->

2:04, there is 1 second on the play clock.

Spoiler

snip1.png

2:03 the ball IS SNAPPED AND IN MAHOMES HANDS. 

Spoiler

snip2.png

It was a standard "coulda called it but the ref gives the grace period". Is this really worth 5 years of not being allowed to complain lol?

• Like 4

7 minutes ago, Soggust said:

lol my brother, are we really talking about a non-call from a week 4 game 5 years ago? 

but even still ->

2:04, there is 1 second on the play clock.

Reveal hidden contents

snip1.png

2:03 the ball IS SNAPPED AND IN MAHOMES HANDS. 

Reveal hidden contents

snip2.png

It was a standard "coulda called it but the ref gives the grace period". Is this really worth 5 years of not being allowed to complain lol?

Dont care how long ago it was it should never have happened lol Point is they have received the benefit of the doubt time before and probably more often than not.

"It definitely was at zero, the replay showed that," Marshall said "The ref told us that the ref that was supposed to be watching it just missed it. ... He told us that, the ref told us the guy that was supposed to be watching the clock just missed it."

The play was allowed to continue and Chiefs quarterback Patrick Mahomes hit Demetrius Harris for a 35-yard gain, taking the Chiefs to the Broncos’ 11-yard line. Kansas City scored three plays later on a Kareem Hunt four-yard run and won the game 27–23.

Edited by AkronsWitness

4 minutes ago, SmittyBacall said:

A QB whining and pointing at refs for flags is lame. Having an NFL great QB on the most successful team the last decade whining and pointing at refs for flags is beyond lame, especially when it feels like most calls go his/their way. There is a beautiful irony in all this fanbases are united over.

Brady set the standard here, so fair - still wasn't a good look on him, a lot of which he probably regrets later, and is still not a good look on Mahomes.

Sure. I don't want to be polarized to a side here. It's fair to feel like it's lame and weak to complain about calls or overreact on the sidelines. Being common doesn't change that.

8 minutes ago, SmittyBacall said:

Yeah, but in most instances the call in question was typically blantantly incorrect, or at least ticky-tacky - for that it's justified. This was entirely the correct decision and a good call. If you want to be mad at someone, call out Toney for having his head up his butt at a crucial moment in the game. 

I disagree that in most cases the call is blatantly incorrect and justified when a player complains. 

I agree that Toney is the only person to blame.

9 minutes ago, SmittyBacall said:

This was also poor, but maybe the one I sympathize with the most. It wouldn't surprise me if Allen asked about the call during the embrace, and Mahomes just explained. Still, learn to control yourself.

The seemingly unanimous alignment from non-Chief fanbases is pretty telling. All things considered, it was pretty reprehensible behavior and I would imagine Mahomes/Reid have their regrets this morning. I'm sure this will be a learning experience for both of them (hopefully).

Respectfully don't understand this take. I can't assume Josh said something and even if he did, take the L and move on. Like, Allen wasn't even on the field lol. It's just terrible all around. I think that even non-Chiefs fanbases would agree this is the most bush league of the Mahomes reactions last night. 

• Like 1