Thursday Night Football: Chargers (5-8) @ Raiders (5-8) - Why do schedule makers hate us?

RaidersAreOne

1. Who takes home the W?  

26 members have voted

1. 1. 1. Who takes home the W?

• Raaaaaaaaaiiiiiiddddddeeeeerrrrrsssssss
    • The Herbert-less iPhone accessories
    • I just hope everyone has fun

7 minutes ago, stl4life07 said:

In theory Harbaugh would be great for the Chargers but I sense it’s something deeper that’s wrong with the Chargers franchise. The last good coach the Chargers had was Marty Schottenheimer. His last season with the Chargers he went (14-2) in 2006. That was the last time the Chargers had that type of season. Now they did have a 13 win season, a 12 win season, an 11 win season, and a 10 win season after that but every other season they didn’t crack double digit wins. More times than not they fail to even live up to expectations. 

They went 14-2 and then choked in the playoffs. Norv literally has the same winning percentage as Marty and actually won some playoff games. They might have gotten to the Super Bowl if their team hadn't died in Indy in 2007. The Chargers issue is they don't have a real HC with experience. They have hired first timers since firing Norv and it just hasn't worked out. They need an established coach who knows how to put in a culture and run a team. 

Edited by game3525
  • Like 2

2 minutes ago, kramxel said:

Is Parcells still around?

This franchise needs that kind of turnover.

The Tuna is still with us, breeding horses and staying in touch with his former players. And you're right, that's exactly the kind of coach the Chargers need.

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, TheKillerNacho said:

If I'm Dean Spanos I don't let Brandon Staley on the plane home to LA

I highly doubt anything happens tomorrow. The Spanos let Lynn continue his tenure after we lost to the Pats 42-0 in 2020 and that was with Herbert still starting. Getting rid of Staley tomorrow or before the season is over really does nothing when you have Stick as QB. Might as well just get the top 5 pick at this rate.

31 minutes ago, 4thandInches said:

He can blame himself, rumors were Payton was interested but dean is a cheap ***. 

With the lack of talent on this team giving up two firsts was never an option. Of course then they wasted a first round pick on Quentin Johnson so…