Week #15 General 🏈 Discussion

RaidersAreOne

8 minutes ago, Soko said:

Only had to go back one year for this, but the Rams lost 31-10 to the 49ers, who entered that game with a 3-5 record.

And everyone knows the Rams were forced into the SoFi SB. I’ll concede to some degree if you can find a 31-3 or worse loss for a SB winner in recent years.

4 minutes ago, Duluther said:

And everyone knows the Rams were forced into the SoFi SB. I’ll concede to some degree if you can find a 31-3 or worse loss for a SB winner in recent years.

Eh, Rams lost 31-14 but it was 17-14 going into the 4th and they were not a playoff team last season, let alone a Super Bowl contender.Β 

28 minutes ago, Louis Friend said:

Were the Rams a Super Bowl team last season?Β 

Nope. But they were when they lost 31-10 to a 3-5 49ers team.Β 

27 minutes ago, Duluther said:

Why would I have to find a 31-3 loss? The Cowboys didn’t lose 31-3. The scores are identical.

But sure, the Bucs lost 38-3 to the Saints the year prior to that. The 2018 Patriots lost 34-10 to the Titans. The Patriots famously got blown own 41-14 on MNF vs the Chiefs. Β Plenty of other embarrassing losses from SB champs that don’t fit the 31-3 (really 10) mold, but yeah. It happens. One regular season loss, even an ugly one, isn’t going to keep a team out of the SB if they’re good enough.Β 

Whether this Cowboys team is actually good enough…is a completely separate story. After that performance and how they’ve played them last time, I can’t imagine Dallas going through SF right now. But any given Sunday.

Edited by Soko
  • Like 1

11 minutes ago, Soko said:

Nope. But they were when they lost 31-10 to a 3-5 49ers team.Β 

But they weren’t. They were a bad team, Super Bowl hungover, whatever you want to call it. If they had lost 31-10 in 2021 and then won the Super Bowl, they’d be Super Bowl contenders and relevant to this scenario.Β 

3 minutes ago, Louis Friend said:

But they weren’t. They were a bad team, Super Bowl hungover, whatever you want to call it. If they had lost 31-10 in 2021 and then won the Super Bowl, they’d be Super Bowl contenders and relevant to this scenario.Β 

But they were. Because that game happened on November 21st, 2021.Β 

3 minutes ago, Soko said:

You seem to be confused.Β