Week #15 General 🏈 Discussion

RaidersAreOne

23 minutes ago, Blackstar12 said:

Seems like refs are hyper focused on offsides calls but that’s ridiculous they didn’t call these.

He had 12 pressures, 9 double teams, 0 penalties drawn and 0 sacks. smh smh

They have been talking about officiating for the past 1.5hrs on Cleveland sports radio this morning lol

Edited by AkronsWitness

The best pass rushers always get held like crazy. Right or wrong, it's been fairly consistent over the years that they let more stuff slide against those guys. It happens to Parsons, Jones, Donald, Watt, etc. Could've done similar compilations for Von Miller or J.J. Watt or Demarcus Ware. Pretty sure they allow it just because it would be unwatchable otherwise.Β 

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Jakuvious said:

The best pass rushers always get held like crazy. Right or wrong, it's been fairly consistent over the years that they let more stuff slide against those guys. It happens to Parsons, Jones, Donald, Watt, etc. Could've done similar compilations for Von Miller or J.J. Watt or Demarcus Ware. Pretty sure they allow it just because it would be unwatchable otherwise.Β 

Damn. I about got shouted out of my own forum last week for trying to say this.

52 minutes ago, nagahide13 said:

Damn. I about got shouted out of my own forum last week for trying to say this.

While I agree with this, it's usually 2-3x per game OTs get away with holds while elite rushers try to bend the edge and they will at least throw 1 pity flag just to show they are trying while they let a few other go. Happened with Von a couple times a game.

What the Bears got away with on Myles yesterday was a different story. It was 8+ times in a single game with far more egregious no calls (like literally tackling him, face masking, ect) then your typical holding around the edge.

It takes a special kind of bad for a fanbase to actually notice when that 2-3x per game has been overstepped and put together a compilation video of it

Edited by AkronsWitness

57 minutes ago, AkronsWitness said:

It takes a special kind of bad for a fanbase to actually notice when that 2-3x per game has been overstepped and put together a compilation video of it

Yeah, I just kind of don't agree here. I see clips every week on Twitter of people complaining about Jones getting held. I've heard Broncos fans complain for years that we hold their guys too much. Pick a fan base, take their best pass rusher, I guarantee they feel their guy gets held all the time and it doesn't get called. Everyone notices this, most just only notice it for their guy.