Chargers Fire HC Brandon Staley and GM Tom Telesco

AFlaccoSeagulls

18 minutes ago, malak1 said:

Say the chargers want to clean house. What do you think the chargers would say to an offer from the Bears of picks 1 and 6 for Herbert? How much more would they need?

I strongly doubt it.  Herbert's cap will kill Chargers if he is moved.  His contract runs out after 2030 so Chargers need to find a right HC.

If trading him is in serious consideration then at least 4 first round pick value should fetch their attention.

Edited by JetsandI
  • Like 3

10 hours ago, TheKillerNacho said:

It was but I think Flores could thrive in LAC given they have an established franchise QB already. He pretty clearly never wanted to deal with developing a young QB here, preferred a veteran. He's a legitimate defensive mind, though, and deserves another shot.

His defensive acumen is tempting. But he still needs to find the right OC for Herbert.

More than anything, the Chargers need a culture guy at HC.

Yup. The athletic podcast had a former Chargers scout of the last 10 years on and he talked about the culture of mediocrity there and that no one asks the tough questions and they are just cashing checks. They have major systemic issues that hiring a popular name (ex. Ben Johnson) on twitter isn't going to fix it. They have got to get someone in there who can change the entire culture of the organization like AJ and Marty did back in the day.

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, game3525 said:

Yup. The athletic podcast had a former Chargers scout of the last 10 years on and he talked about the culture of mediocrity there and that no one asks the tough questions and they are just cashing checks. They have major systemic issues that hiring a popular name (ex. Ben Johnson) on twitter isn't going to fix it. They have got to get someone in there who can change the entire culture of the organization like AJ and Marty did back in the day.

I’ll take Norv Turner results also!

With that being said, I think Lynn was a good culture guy. His weakness was his loyalty to George Stewart as ST coach, game management, and conservative nature.

Edited by Xenos

11 hours ago, diamondbull424 said:

Ravens I’d have to think that Joe Hortiz, our director of college scouting, would be the most obvious choice to get a GM job next. He’s used to speaking during draft time with his media obligations. He’s well spoken, seems sharp, has been doing this for some time, and seems to be confident and decisive.

How is Todd Monken as OC?

1 minute ago, game3525 said:

Norv was fine! Things when to hell when AJ let the roster go to ****. But 2007 was the best year of the franchise and he was at the helm. 

I thought 2009 was great also but Kaeding had the yips at the worst possible time.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Xenos said:

I thought 2009 was great also but Kaeding had the yips at the worst possible time.

2009 was probably Norv's best coaching job. Washed LT and washed Merriman made the team pretty average talent wise and yet if Kaeding makes a few kicks that were within his range, they are in the AFC championship game. 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, game3525 said:

I 100% buy this being the issue. Im wondering how long this dates back to as well.

The Chargers are just so strange because every year the talent is all over the place but it doesn't seem like anybody puts it all together. Almost like they won 9-10 games a year on talent alone but don't have anybody in the drivers seat to take them into serious contender category.

A culture setter could fix that. Somebody like Dan Campbell or Mike Tomlin.

That's why I think somebody like Dan Quinn would be a really solid choice there. Quit going with splashy OCs and get an adult in the room

Edited by AkronsWitness

23 minutes ago, AkronsWitness said:

I 100% buy this being the issue. Im wondering how long this dates back to as well.

The Chargers are just so strange because every year the talent is all over the place but it doesn't seem like anybody puts it all together. Almost like they won 9-10 games a year on talent alone but don't have anybody in the drivers seat to take them into serious contender category.

A culture setter could fix that. Somebody like Dan Campbell or Mike Tomlin.

That's why I think somebody like Dan Quinn would be a really solid choice there. Quit going with splashy OCs and get an adult in the room

It has always been there since the Spanos have owned the team. But the difference between now and the 2000s/early 2010s with Marty/AJ/Norv is that John Spanos is now the president of football operations. We went from experienced football lifers to Dean's idiot son running things. They desperately need a Belichick, Harbaugh etc. someone with real cred, but there is little chance that will happen because of John's presence. The only hope really is that John finds his "Norv" and we get experienced, but unsexy retread. 

Edited by game3525
  • Like 1

6 hours ago, JetsandI said:

I strongly doubt it.  Herbert's cap will kill Chargers if he is moved.  His contract runs out after 2030 so Chargers need to find a right HC.

If trading him is in serious consideration then at least 4 first round pick value should fetch their attention.

Bingo - if Watson can fetch 3 1sts with his legal situation and if Wilson can go for 2 1sts plus players, then Herbert starts at 4 1sts plus additional compensation.

5 hours ago, game3525 said:

Randy Mueller who was with us from 2008-2018. He worked 5 years under AJ Smith and 5 years under Telesco.