Sources: Aaron Rodgers likely to be medically cleared next week

DigInBoys

19 minutes ago, Louis Friend said:

That’s not how vaccines work. There has never been a vaccine that prevent illness, it helps create immunity to that illness. That’s not the same thing, medically.

Yes there is. If the virus doesn’t mutate, it will be a near 100% prevention. The thing with covid is it mutates. My vaccine was still focused on the original strain, while the virus I caught 3 months later was Omnicron. 

See ram post above me which is accurate. 

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Tank4Drake said:

Yes there is. If the virus doesn’t mutate, it will be a near 100% prevention. The thing with covid is it mutates. My vaccine was still focused on the original strain, while the virus I caught 3 months later was Omnicron. 

See ram post above me which is accurate. 

It prevents you from getting seriously sick or dying, even prevents outbreaks, no vaccine prevents you from getting it though, your body just learns how to fight it off. It produces antibodies. When a virus mutates, your body needs to learn to create new and different antibodies, hence vaccine boosters. 

This is why the “I got vaccinated and still got Covid” discussion gets people into trouble. 

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Louis Friend said:

It prevents you from getting seriously sick or dying, even prevents outbreaks, no vaccine prevents you from getting it though, your body just learns how to fight it off. It produces antibodies. When a virus mutates, your body needs to learn to create new and different antibodies, hence vaccine boosters. 

This is why the “I got vaccinated and still got Covid” discussion gets people into trouble. 

Yes I understand. We’re both correct here but talking in different languages. If the virus doesn’t mutate, and you took the vaccine aimed at that specific strain, the antibodies will attack that strain in record time, before you get ill. If it has already mutated, then you’re still going to get sick. You might have reduced symptoms compared to no vaccine, but it depends how much it has mutated. 

13 minutes ago, Tank4Drake said:

Yes I understand. We’re both correct here but talking in different languages. If the virus doesn’t mutate, and you took the vaccine aimed at that specific strain, the antibodies will attack that strain in record time, before you get ill. If it has already mutated, then you’re still going to get sick. You might have reduced symptoms compared to no vaccine, but it depends how much it has mutated. 

Yep, just so everyone's cool and we can all get back to the roast of Aaron Rodgers' midlife crisis participation trophy, you guys are getting crossed up because there is no consensus medical definition for the word "illness".

What you're each saying is that the vaccine is not designed to prevent infection (that is, the initial uptake of COVID into a host cell, replication, and host cell response). The host cell response would then be directly detected by residual antibodies from the initial vaccination if they are still in circulation, and/or the resulting host cell inflammation would trigger the B cell response that creates new anti-COVID antibodies based on the original vaccination.

Edited by ramssuperbowl99
  • Like 1

20 hours ago, Louis Friend said:

All three suck. The public suffers anytime any of them open their mouths. 

I would generally agree with you, except for that one singular clip I posted of Wright

18 hours ago, Tank4Drake said:

Ehhhh, I got my vaccine October that year and ended up getting full blown covid in January. So you shouldn't "stop caring" like the vaccine prevents covid. 

I'm in my 30s and in very good shape. I have absolutely no medical issues and I've been sick maybe once or twice in the last 15 years. I wasn't worried.

Edited by StatKing

17 hours ago, Louis Friend said:

Vaccines don’t prevent illness, they teach your immune system how to fight it off and produce antibodies so that when you do get it, it won’t be as severe or kill you. 

But I agree that vaccines should have never been political in the first place. And now it might get Pat McAfee in trouble with ESPN and Aaron Rodgers potentially sued. 

I agree with McAfee's yolo mentality when it comes to his show a lot, but this is one where its best to stay away from. Its too divisive of a topic and he has to be smarter, he also has to know what Rodgers is all about when he comes onto his show and steer him in the right direction for conversation. 

People can think whatever they want, but it aint good business to come out and align yourself one side or the other considering how some feel about the subject.

• Like 1

21 hours ago, ramssuperbowl99 said:

"Most inspirational player" lol they invented a trophy for him.

You clearly did not see him run onto the field with that American Flag 🇺🇸 

• Like 1

16 hours ago, cp0k2 said:

Pat McAfee is a ******. It's really a shame that when he gets fired he's going to fail upwards into a gig with Fox or Spotify grifting to the gullible.

It's so weird how he didn't attend Miami, because he's the walking embodiment of their culture.

1 hour ago, AkronsWitness said:

I agree with McAfee's yolo mentality when it comes to his show a lot, but this is one where its best to stay away from. Its too divisive of a topic and he has to be smarter, he also has to know what Rodgers is all about when he comes onto his show and steer him in the right direction for conversation. 

People can think whatever they want, but it aint good business to come out and align yourself one side or the other considering how some feel about the subject.

While i think it would be good for McAfee to do what you are describing in the bold above.  I think part of the Rodgers appearing on McAfee is that Rodgers has a bit of free reign to speak and talk on the topics he chooses without much alterations by McAfee.  Rodgers somewhat is using McAfee's show as his personal bully pulpit to speak his mind/views on topics that Rodgers chooses.  McAfee wanting to shut that down probably leads to Rodgers ending the appearances.