2024 Offseason Thread

KingTitan

4 minutes ago, Daniel said:

Half our starters are camp bodies, my guy.  And Houston is a great point.  They won a ton of games due to their backup QB signing, definitely.

No your overall “point” is the roster isn’t good enough to make the playoffs 1 day into FA, so why spend on a backup QB? My point is, nobody knew Houston was a playoff team 1 day into last years FA. You have no idea what this team will be like next year. Common sense

8 minutes ago, Daniel said:

We try to win with Levis, but as has been pointed out already, we don't have a quality starting: left tackle, right tackle, WR2, WR3, DL2, LB2, CB2/3, S2, or K on the roster right now.  They fix those positions, then worry about a backup QB.  It's foolish to worry about it before.

Don't disagree that we have more pressing needs than signing a backup QB, but there simply is no correct and obvious order in which you sign players.

Every position has a market, and backup QB is its own market given how important of a position it is. We'd be stupid to not try and take advantage of the market when the best options are available. What would really be stupid is going into the next season with Malik Willis as our QB2.

• Like 1

Just now, ttitansfan4life said:

No your overall “point” is the roster isn’t good enough to make the playoffs 1 day into FA, so why spend on a backup QB? My point is, nobody knew Houston was a playoff team 1 day into last years FA. You have no idea what this team will be like next year. Common sense

My overall point is that spending our salary capital on a backup QB will not get us closer to competing than spending it literally anywhere else would.  And that, philosophically, trying to make it so that you can win with your backup QB by trying to sign a good backup QB is also objectively a bad decision, unless your roster, top to bottom, is already strong.

43 minutes ago, Justin615$ said:

Buck Reising just said on the radio he is hearing a lot of buzz between Titans and Chiefs CB L'jarius Sneed

Whatever that may mean

I take what Buck "hears" with a grain of salt.. He likes to think he knows it all and is plugged in but he's often wrong as hell. 

• Like 1

I 10000% wish Derrick the best for the rest of his career (although F the ravens)

That said, I think twitter/media will hype up the Lamar+Henry duo way more than the eventual performance will show

Obviously Henry is the most talented RB that Lamar will have played with, but I think what has always made the Ravens backfield so scary is how their RBs have also been competent pass catchers and quick twitch athletes. Henry takes several steps to get going and struggles catching the ball.

He'll certainly produce because he's that special of a player, but I think BALT has bigger issues of getting over their hump than a RB can help overcome.

3 minutes ago, Airness McNairness said:

I take what Buck "hears" with a grain of salt.. He likes to think he knows it all and is plugged in but he's often wrong as hell. 

i cannot recall a single non-role player that local media...esp the manufactured digital/internet crews like AtoZ... has ever provided signing/cutting insight on

they'll be the first to confirm a disgruntled Tart or Rishard Mathews is out, but never anything needle moving for the team

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, deeluxx3 said:

I 10000% wish Derrick the best for the rest of his career (although F the ravens)

That said, I think twitter/media will hype up the Lamar+Henry duo way more than the eventual performance will show

Obviously Henry is the most talented RB that Lamar will have played with, but I think what has always made the Ravens backfield so scary is how their RBs have also been competent pass catchers and quick twitch athletes. Henry takes several steps to get going and struggles catching the ball.

He'll certainly produce because he's that special of a player, but I think BALT has bigger issues of getting over their hump than a RB can help overcome.

i tend to agree. henry seems like an odd fit for a team thats heavy on shotgun/read option type runs. he’s always been at his best when he gets that running start for an under-center zone handoff. i’m sure he’ll be a good player for them, but the combination of age + scheme fit makes me question the ceiling a little. i have no problem rooting for his individual success even on the ravens though. i want that dude in the HOF.

1 minute ago, deeluxx3 said:

i cannot recall a single non-role player that local media...esp the manufactured digital/internet crews like AtoZ... has ever provided signing/cutting insight on

they'll be the first to confirm a disgruntled Tart or Rishard Mathews is out, but never anything needle moving for the team

exactly.. I knew they were full of you know what when Buck released that story a few years ago about why Ty Sambrailo decided to retire midseason. He didnt cite any sources and it all sounded like hearsay and BS. We called him out for it on twitter and he got butt hurt. He's a tool.

41 minutes ago, Daniel said:

We try to win with Levis, but as has been pointed out already, we don't have a quality starting: left tackle, right tackle, WR2, WR3, DL2, LB2, CB2/3, S2, or K on the roster right now.  They fix those positions, then worry about a backup QB.  It's foolish to worry about it before.

Half our starters are camp bodies, my guy.  And Houston is a great point.  They won a ton of games due to their backup QB signing, definitely.

Ironically, Case Keenum was among the first FA signings for Houston last year. It ended up mattering, you could say, as his W against us was pretty much the difference between winning the division or not.

45 minutes ago, -Hope- said:

i don’t like the idea of giving up draft capital for sneed, with where this team is.

Same. Rather get Kendall Fuller. We still have massive holes at WR and OT and free agency is barren there already. We need our first 2 picks this year.