2024 Offseason Thread

KingTitan

3 minutes ago, ttitansfan4life said:

Edge is 100% a need. If you’re comparing to OT or IDL, then no but Key shouldn’t be starting and Weaver at this point does nothing for me. Landry and Young would make a pretty solid duo with Key mixing in.

It needs to be improved, yes, but Landry is good, Key is OK, and I expect him to be better this year, and Weaver was solid in 22.  Not sure why he was so awful in 23.  And I think they're very likely able to re-sign Gibson, which is a bit of a projection, but that's not the worst starting four in the league.  And imo, that puts it behind OT, IDL, LB, CB, and WR in terms of needs.

But you won't see me complaining about bringing in a better group at the most important position on a whole defense.

30 minutes ago, Daniel said:

It needs to be improved, yes, but Landry is good, Key is OK, and I expect him to be better this year, and Weaver was solid in 22.  Not sure why he was so awful in 23.  And I think they're very likely able to re-sign Gibson, which is a bit of a projection, but that's not the worst starting four in the league.  And imo, that puts it behind OT, IDL, LB, CB, and WR in terms of needs.

But you won't see me complaining about bringing in a better group at the most important position on a whole defense.

Gipson going to Jacksonville. 

47 minutes ago, Airness McNairness said:

lol this is hilarious... I remember being one of very few who wanted to keep him instead of going after Julio... Now he "was an excellent number 2".. funny how things change lol. 

He was a good #2, perhaps even great that final year, especially if we're factoring in his blocking. However, going after Julio was 100% the correct move.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Airness McNairness said:

lol this is hilarious... I remember being one of very few who wanted to keep him instead of going after Julio... Now he "was an excellent number 2".. funny how things change lol. 

I feel like you’re misremembering the timeline. The Julio connections started long after CD had already signed with the Jets. By the time any Julio smoke started, we were in a state of pure desperation at WR2.

Dont get me wrong, the Julio trade was a disaster, but none of us were talking about Julio when discussing whether or not Corey was worth the contract the Jets gave him. 

• Like 2

man. as productive as we've been in FA on the offensive side of the ball, defense has been a bloodbath. long way to go until the season starts, but that side of the roster looks horrific right now.

This may explain to some why we "overpaid" for the LB we did get, and for Ridley. We all want to be careful with the money until players start coming off the board and we don't have anyone. So I would imagine we are going to have to "overpay" for the safety we sign, and the edge and the DL. 

If we show improvement next season and show promise like HOU, we likely have players lining up to come here for fair market deals. 

18 minutes ago, deeluxx3 said:

no clue what the latest story on him is, but SJD has played some good ball

Throw a bag at him.

And even then we’re still gonna need some draft picks at IDL.

Honestly if we don’t trade down I think our best move is LT,  RT rounds 1 & 2. WR round 4th. 
Just sign us 2 CB’s & some DL on 1 yr deals.
Next offseason go all in on the defense in FA & the draft. We’re not going to be a SB contender overnight let’s make it about Levi’s this yr

• Like 1