Week 16: Packers @ Panthers - GB wins 33-30! Joe Barry defense saved by the clock!

FAH1223

15 hours ago, Spartacus said:

I mean I was firmly in the anti-Love crowd about half way through the season but I don't know how you can look at the last 5 to 6 weeks and at least think to give him his last year. I'm of the opinion that Love needs to limit his consistency issues before I would give him a long term deal but he has been more then solid with an extremely inexperienced supporting cast over the last half of the year which is what you want to see.

I think some people just can't change their opinions and will just continue to see what they want to see until they absolutely cannot defend that position anymore. 

Your last line is true about many, many things.

Being real, if you were in either camp at the beginning of the year, you were just guessing.  This year is and always has been about development.  I think that Jordan has progressed as the season has gone along.  Throw out the week 1 game against the Bears, and it isn't even that volatile of a rollercoaster.  There is definitely stuff he needs to improve on, and I would like to see what he can do after having a full season under his belt.  I believe this is start 16 for him, and most of his play this season has been at least good enough to win with, and you can do so much worse than that.

We have also gathered pretty good information on a lot of the rest of the team. Defensive backs need work. Pass catchers look pretty good.  I think there is a pretty good path forward for the offensive line.  We may have to replace the entire RB room.  

Rex Ryan, who is a blowhard on NFL Countdown. You can hate Rex Ryan but he knows defense. "I knew Baker Mayfield was going to blow up Green Bay! They are the most underachieving defense in the NFL!" 

He's not wrong! 

Edited by Old Guy
  • Like 1

Just now, Old Guy said:

Rex Ryan, who is a blowhard on NFL Countdown. You hate Rex Ryan but knows defense. "I knew Baker Mayfield was going to blow up Green Bay! They are the most underachieving defense in the NFL!" 

He's not wrong! 

I like Rex.  He had success with the Jets for crying out loud .. man can coach.