Week 16: Packers @ Panthers - GB wins 33-30! Joe Barry defense saved by the clock!

FAH1223

12 minutes ago, {Family Ghost} said:

I think we got the answers we wanted on offense.  Love can play, and the young offensive talent looks to be a hit.  Future looks bright there .. just has to continue to improve and take the next step.

The defense held it's own for a while, but teams are starting to out scheme us, and as usual Barry doesn't have the answers.  Lots of injuries for sure, but that's life in the NFL.  The constant miscommunication on defense is crazy at this stage of the season given how many snaps these players have logged.  Got to make a change at the top there.  

Bisaccia will get another crack at it, but he's been a disappointment.  I really thought we'd have top units under that guy and it hasn't come to fruition.  Injuries and backups being forced into full time duty have affected things, but it's hard not to be disappointed.

Are you sure about the bolded part? I have far more questions now about our offense moving forward then I did at the beginning of the year.

20 minutes ago, Brat&Beer said:

GB-ySkHWUAAHvHH?format=jpg&name=medium

This is sad! A team who has two wins and probably won't have a single guy sitting because of injury. I know guys get hurt and have to sit out, but I'm guessing we are going to have 7-8 guys out this game. I think a few of them just don't want to play either. 

I'm guessing De'vondre Campbell has played his last game this year and consequently his last game in Green Bay. 

7 minutes ago, Brat&Beer said:

This could be Joe Barry's greatest test.

If the D stinks it up again this week I think Barry might get a pink slip for Christmas.  It's a really bad offense, and even a beleaguered Packers squad should be able to find success against them.  If the Packers lay an egg there has to be serious coaching ramifications.

3 minutes ago, {Family Ghost} said:

If the D stinks it up again this week I think Barry might get a pink slip for Christmas.  It's a really bad offense, and even a beleaguered Packers squad should be able to find success against them.  If the Packers lay an egg there has to be serious coaching ramifications.

The only thing I know about Carolina was learned when (for some reason....) I actually put myself through watching their game against Tampa.
It was a miserable day (with rain) and neither team could do much of anything - but not because of the rain. The Carolina defense was stifling the Tampa offense - and the Carolina offense simply stunk to high heaven. There were a total of 16 punts - 8 by both sides. Based on what I've seen, if we cant shut down their offense.....I dont know what to tell ya. 

• Like 1

4 hours ago, StatKing said:

The offense and defense have both been incredibly average. I don't understand how people can demand Joe Barry be fired while in the same breath give the offense every excuse under the sun because they are "young". The defense is just as inexperienced as the offense.

so many first round picks on the defense. kenny clark, rashan gary, ja are among the highest paid players in the league at their positions.

69, jenkins, and jones have barely played this year. the rest of the offense is young guys. 

the offense has looked better as the season has gone on, the defense has not. trajectories are real. 

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, HokieHigh said:

so many first round picks on the defense. kenny clark, rashan gary, ja are among the highest paid players in the league at their positions.

69, jenkins, and jones have barely played this year. the rest of the offense is young guys. 

the offense has looked better as the season has gone on, the defense has not. trajectories are real. 

Your response is spot on but responding to him is fools gold. 

Jenkins has played 12 games this year though. 

• Like 1

18 hours ago, StatKing said:

Are you sure about the bolded part? I have far more questions now about our offense moving forward then I did at the beginning of the year.

Are you serious here? Before the year I had plenty of questions regarding this offense with most of them being sufficiently answered. 

1. Can Love even QB? - Pretty clear over the year that he at least deserves another year so he is not a complete bust at this point with the potential to be at least a top 10 to 5 QB in this league. 

2. Is our WR talent any good?  - The rookies are showing potential very good to star potential. Wicks & Reed have been some of the more impressive rookie WRs in the NFL with Kraft and Musgrave showing enough promise to pretty clearly be the most talent the Packers have had at TE since Finley. Watson is pretty clearly talented but a big question mark will still be health with him. 

3. Post week 1... What the hell do we do at tackle? - Tom has been great and Walker has shown continued growth throughout the year. I think it will be hard to find an upgrade even if you draft a tackle in the 1st round. 

4. Can Watson and Doubs take the next step? - The only questions still left open IMO. Watson absolutely needs to figure out his hammy issues or we could potentially be looking for a new #1 however I do feel more comfortable with him injured knowing the talent behind him isn't Lazard and the corpse of Cobb. I also think its clear when healthy Watson can be a #1 or at least draw coverage like a true #1. Doubs I haven't really seen the growth but he hasn't slumped either. Seems to be alright but may be overtaken by Wicks and Reed by next year. If that does happen I think it says more about the growth of Reed and Wicks compared to the talent of Doubs. 

5. Do we need upgrades to the interior OL? - I think this question has been answered. Jenkins is a pro but you would love to upgrade Myers and especially Runyan if possible. 

• Like 2

18 hours ago, Leader said:

The only thing I know about Carolina was learned when (for some reason....) I actually put myself through watching their game against Tampa.
It was a miserable day (with rain) and neither team could do much of anything - but not because of the rain. The Carolina defense was stifling the Tampa offense - and the Carolina offense simply stunk to high heaven. There were a total of 16 punts - 8 by both sides. Based on what I've seen, if we cant shut down their offense.....I dont know what to tell ya. 

well just leave it to Joe, that guy can figure out how to make any offensive player receive pro bowl consideration🙃