Week 16: Packers @ Panthers - GB wins 33-30! Joe Barry defense saved by the clock!

FAH1223

18 hours ago, Malfatron said:

I just want to be alive for the playoffs on week 18 kickoff

Pretty confident we will win this week. All the intangibles point our direction. When a team is down and being dragged like we are after a few embarrassing performances, typically, they rise up the following week. Just the way the NFL works. I actually expect our defense will exceed our now bottom-floor expectations and Love should have a good day. 

Will at least make New Year's Eve against the Vikings a worth-while game to watch and one that will likely decide how our season ends. 

Tom Silverstein
@TomSilverstein

#Packers coach Matt LaFleur said ILB De'Vondre Campbell pours his heart into the game and said his comments came with frustration over being hurt this year. He said they decided to give him time off in practice and evaluate at the end ofweek. Said it's best to get his body back.

Tom Silverstein
@TomSilverstein

LaFleur said he's not overly worried about Campbell's message affecting younger players. He said he thought the players were competitive and on point in practice today.

Tom Silverstein
@TomSilverstein
·
32m
LaFleur said he had an open player forum on Monday to talk about what happened on defense on Sunday. He said it was important to get the group together and be open and honest about ways to move forward.

Ryan Wood
@ByRyanWood

De’Vondre Campbell spoke for 90 seconds before #Packers closed their locker room to media for player meetings. He would not address this tweet: “I’m not answering no questions about nothing that happened on the Internet. If you want to talk about the Carolina Panthers, we can.”

13 minutes ago, Brat&Beer said:

Tom Silverstein @TomSilverstein

#Packers coach Matt LaFleur said ILB De'Vondre Campbell pours his heart into the game and said his comments came with frustration over being hurt this year. He said they decided to give him time off in practice and evaluate at the end ofweek. Said it's best to get his body back.

LaFleur said he's not overly worried about Campbell's message affecting younger players. He said he thought the players were competitive and on point in practice today.

LaFleur said he had an open player forum on Monday to talk about what happened on defense on Sunday. He said it was important to get the group together and be open and honest about ways to move forward.

Ryan Wood @ByRyanWood

De’Vondre Campbell spoke for 90 seconds before #Packers closed their locker room to media for player meetings. He would not address this tweet: “I’m not answering no questions about nothing that happened on the Internet. If you want to talk about the Carolina Panthers, we can.”

200w.webp?cid=ecf05e47dxmbjqeriohz2yleqx

12 hours ago, packfanfb said:

Pretty confident we will win this week. All the intangibles point our direction. When a team is down and being dragged like we are after a few embarrassing performances, typically, they rise up the following week. Just the way the NFL works. I actually expect our defense will exceed our now bottom-floor expectations and Love should have a good day. 

Will at least make New Year's Eve against the Vikings a worth-while game to watch and one that will likely decide how our season ends. 

Yeah I think so too, and lucky for us the Panthers won last week so that'll at least alleviate any desperate for a win factor for them they may have had.

Having said that, it really feels like these final 3 weeks will be very big, and I'm not even thinking playoffs but I mean for the future of this current crop of players, coaches and front office.  You got 4 scenarios possible and all have big ramifications.

1.  The most favorable of all is we win all 3 remaining games and ... Well we'll probably need help to secure the playoffs but I'd take getting in even going one and done.  It'd be a learning experience for the youngsters plus mean that Joe Barry is still canned when it's all done.

2. What I think is our most likely outcome, we go 2-1 beating CAR and CHI but losing to MIN and thereby missing out on the playoffs.  On paper that's disappointing, but there'd still be plenty of positives to point to like a young offense improving and potentially gearing up for a big year next year, and Joe Barry at minimum gets canned as he has no way to get let off the hook.

3. We go 1-2, a worse outlook that would leave me feeling a little less optimistic and thinking we got more personnel issues to address.  In this case, I think our main head honchos like LaFleur and Gute are still safe, but we could be looking at shake ups on the roster, in the coaching staff with more guys beyond Barry getting fired or moved around, and potentially with front office scouts too.

4. This is by far the least likely and I very very much doubt this happens, but we lose all 3 of these games and everyone could be sent packing.  I mean, at that point you've all but made those 3 wins in a row vs the Chargers, Lions and Chiefs look like an utter 3-win anomaly, and you'd have the worst record since 2005 at 6-11.  I mean, I guess if all those losses were by 3 points or less making the vast majority of our losses one score close games, you might consider keeping the status quo minus Barry and Bisaccia.  But you could make a pretty good case in this circumstance that LaFleur and Gute will have failed and that it's time to go in a new direction.

Like I said, I don't believe that last scenario will be the one to play out, but still, this isn't the time for our guys to be screwing around.

Everything is still on the table for the Packers, I pointed this out when they were 2-5 and will point it out again here today. A good percentage of this fanbase swing wildly from week to week, but the organization has stayed focused from day one and knew they would probably be playing meaningful games late in the season. Many fans are butt hurt and want to quit, but that is not the DNA of high-end competitors. This team will fight until the last down of the last game. 

• Like 2

25 minutes ago, R T said:

Everything is still on the table for the Packers, I pointed this out when they were 2-5 and will point it out again here today. A good percentage of this fanbase swing wildly from week to week, but the organization has stayed focused from day one and knew they would probably be playing meaningful games late in the season. Many fans are butt hurt and want to quit, but that is not the DNA of high-end competitors. This team will fight until the last down of the last game. 

It will be interesting to see if the Packers defense can really bring their level of play back up after the past two weeks.  There's been a massive drop off of late, and it's not always easy to get that level of intensity back.  No reason they can't get it done against Carolina.  On paper it's a team then should beat.

32 minutes ago, R T said:

You've been listening to too many Matt LaFleur press conferences. Dial it back a bit. 

39 minutes ago, R T said:

This team will fight until the last down of the last game. 

The defense didn't fight the last 2 weeks.  The back 7 on defense flat out quit last week.  You do love your platitudes though.

Giants gave up an average of 8 sacks per game if you look at their stats for the last 5 games excluding GB.  

Baker Mayfield was better against our defense then he would be against air last week.

packers lose this game you gotta wonder if MLF lost the team.

But I don't think that's gonna happen - smells like a run the ball with Jones type game to me.

Won't need or ask Love to do too much against this pretty bad team.  Expect the defense to shut down the opponent because they are an inept offense.