Week 16: Packers @ Panthers - GB wins 33-30! Joe Barry defense saved by the clock!

FAH1223

I want to see Stokes and Valentine playing bump and run on the outside.  It's their strong suit for sure, and I don't think the Panthers have the talent to exploit it.  You can't just sit back and let the rookie QB have easy looks all day.  Please for the love of god don't make Bryce Young next weeks cult hero.

• Like 3

16 minutes ago, {Family Ghost} said:

I want to see Stokes and Valentine playing bump and run on the outside.  It's their strong suit for sure, and I don't think the Panthers have the talent to exploit it.  You can't just sit back and let the rookie QB have easy looks all day.  Please for the love of god don't make Bryce Young next weeks cult hero.

Don't be silly! Our defensive coordinator doesn't play to our players strong suits, quite the ocntrary. 

• Like 2

19 minutes ago, {Family Ghost} said:

Man, after watching Stokes stumble around out there last week, I'm not ready to watch him try to do much of anything.

And Valentine had looked pretty good in zone.

I'd like to see us run a real cover 2 zone.  With zone drops from the DL and blitzes coming.  You know, basic stuff that we should do, but don't do.

Keep those safeties shallow compared to last week.  Let Valentine and Stokes "see it".

But really, just condense the defense and make it crowded for the offense.  If they hit one deep, oh well.  But let's make life tough in that 2-15 yard range.

22 minutes ago, Mazrimiv said:

With the time he has missed, Stokes probably doesn't do much of anything well right now.  That's not me bashing him.  It's just tough to miss as much time as he has and play well right away.

I agree.

Only with this condition...he looked closer to a guy playing his way out of the league last week than he was looking like a guy playing his way back into the league.

• Like 1

Just now, vegas492 said:

I agree.

Only with this condition...he looked closer to a guy playing his way out of the league last week than he was looking like a guy playing his way back into the league.

Yep.  He'll still be a Packer in 2024, but can't make that same assumption for 2025.

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, Mazrimiv said:

Yep.  He'll still be a Packer in 2024, but can't make that same assumption for 2025.

I really, and I mean REALLY hope he rounds back into form.

Seems like just yesterday I was thrilled because we'd have JA, RD and Stokes for a couple of years together.  

Now?  We shall see.  And that flat out sucks.

• Like 1

35 minutes ago, {Family Ghost} said:

Maybe Stokes isn't up to the task physically these days. He used to be a guy that would stick to WR's, but looked lost when playing a zone. 

Stokes had a pretty good rookie season, and then was pretty poor in his 2nd year before the injury. Looked bad against Tampa, but first game back, so whatever. The reality is that maybe he plays better next season with a new DC but the Packers would be fools to count on him as a "starter" going into next season. Right now, he's a guy I pencil in as competing for a roster spot. 

Edited by packfanfb

23 hours ago, {Family Ghost} said:

Bump and run?

Under Barry?

Best I can do is run and bump into them crossing the end zone so you don’t get a personal foul for unnecessary roughness.

• Like 2