Week 16: Packers @ Panthers - GB wins 33-30! Joe Barry defense saved by the clock!

FAH1223

1 hour ago, squire12 said:

Im almost curious as to the additional questions there are now vs at the beginning ofvthe season.  

He's just going to keep moving the goalposts in regards to Love .. that's why I didn't bother responding to him to begin with.  Love will never be good enough for him .. always going to be "additional questions". 

It's a real no-win situation for Joe this week. Carolina scores big on him and he's the laughingstock of the league. Carolina scores just enough to win and he miiiiiiiiight avoid blame if the offense sucks ALL the *ss. Beat Carolina and it'll be so expected that anyone using it to praise him will be laughed out of the room.

Just seems like we're sacrificing a LOT of things off-field on an on-field decision. Fingers crossed that this won't bite us.

1 hour ago, squire12 said:

Im almost curious as to the additional questions there are now vs at the beginning ofvthe season.  

The additional questions all relate to how the remaining anti-Love crowd can twist reality to fit the narrative that Love being GB's long-term QB is still in doubt.

4 hours ago, Mazrimiv said:

The additional questions all relate to how the remaining anti-Love crowd can twist reality to fit the narrative that Love being GB's long-term QB is still in doubt.

I mean I was firmly in the anti-Love crowd about half way through the season but I don't know how you can look at the last 5 to 6 weeks and at least think to give him his last year. I'm of the opinion that Love needs to limit his consistency issues before I would give him a long term deal but he has been more then solid with an extremely inexperienced supporting cast over the last half of the year which is what you want to see.

I think some people just can't change their opinions and will just continue to see what they want to see until they absolutely cannot defend that position anymore. 

1 hour ago, Spartacus said:

I mean I was firmly in the anti-Love crowd about half way through the season but I don't know how you can look at the last 5 to 6 weeks and at least think to give him his last year. I'm of the opinion that Love needs to limit his consistency issues before I would give him a long term deal but he has been more then solid with an extremely inexperienced supporting cast over the last half of the year which is what you want to see.

I think some people just can't change their opinions and will just continue to see what they want to see until they absolutely cannot defend that position anymore. 

I've seen enough to sign him to a new deal.  Now's the time to do it while it would be relatively reasonable.  He's middle of the pack right now but should only improve from here.  

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Zycho32 said:

It's a real no-win situation for Joe this week. Carolina scores big on him and he's the laughingstock of the league. Carolina scores just enough to win and he miiiiiiiiight avoid blame if the offense sucks ALL the *ss. Beat Carolina and it'll be so expected that anyone using it to praise him will be laughed out of the room.

Just seems like we're sacrificing a LOT of things off-field on an on-field decision. Fingers crossed that this won't bite us.

Well .... Joe has put himself in this situation with his defensive scheming and player use the past 2 years.  There is nobody else to blame .. it's on him.  The biting has already happened with the results not being good.

Edited by coachbuns

12 minutes ago, coachbuns said:

Well .... Joe has put himself in this situation with his defensive scheming and player use the past 2 years.  There is nobody else to blame .. it's on him.  The biting has already happened with the results not being good.

'Biting' in this case referring to management's decision to keep Barry to close out the season.

First game all season I'm choosing to do other things than watch. Most of that is because Matt LeCuck refuses to fire Joe the trashcan. 0 backbone, 0 accountability from both of those guys. 

Hope the offense tears it up, on both teams, and that Carolina somehow sneaks out a win, for obvious reasons.