Week 16: Packers @ Panthers - GB wins 33-30! Joe Barry defense saved by the clock!

FAH1223

12 minutes ago, pf9 said:

The truth remains we are still one loss away from a new HC next year. Deny it all you want. I'm kind of rooting for that. The division is already out of reach. A playoff spot isn't worth it if you can't get yourself a home playoff game.

Common PF9 you are embarrassing yourself.  MLF is not on the hot seat.  He's done one hell of a job with the offense.  Not going anywhere.  Barry as we all know is toast.  Dude remember this is a rebuilding year and here in December we are actually talking playoffs.  Packers could drop the next two games MLF will still be the coach next year.  

• Like 2

Hey hey hey hey….

Zero problems with Jaire. You guys are still crazy for not backing our man on this one. 

Complain about Barry, never acknowledge he’s working with 2s and 3s in place of 1s on the backside. Immediately throw our best DB since Woodson out as he returns from injury. Silly to me. So long as his play backs it up, we need this kind of swagger.

• Like 2

41 minutes ago, CWood21 said:

Fortunately, our decision maker probably aren't as emotional as we are.  If Jaire really doesn't want to be in Green Bay, he shouldn't have signed that extension.  So unless a team is handing over a Jalen Ramsey-like package, he's not available.

That's not really how contracts work in professional sports. He can make a stink and continue to do...whatever it is he's doing...and the team will cut bait. 

2 hours ago, Scoremore said:

JA is a premier CB in the league.  He hates Barry well so do all of us.  It would take a mid 1st round pick to consider trading him.  Really don't care about his pregame antics.  It's a nothingburger you are all pissed because he missed so much time after getting paid.  Me too but gotta think his injuries are legit.  Was worried about that shoulder before.  Played solid the following year thought it was behind him.  Guess not.  He was rusty today.  Hopefully he shuts Jefferson down next week. 

It’s been a while since I’ve seen elite JA on the field. 

4 minutes ago, ChaRisMa said:

Hey hey hey hey….

Zero problems with Jaire. You guys are still crazy for not backing our man on this one. 

Complain about Barry, never acknowledge he’s working with 2s and 3s in place of 1s on the backside. Immediately throw our best DB since Woodson out as he returns from injury. Silly to me. So long as his play backs it up, we need this kind of swagger.

All the more Barry should be all out pressuring the QB so he doesn't have time to throw against those 2's and 3's in the secondary.  Not that hard to figure out .. except for Barry.

36 minutes ago, ChaRisMa said:

Hey hey hey hey….

I mostly see where you’re coming from, except I would actually like some swagger that translates to leadership. I have always liked Jaire’s swag in a vacuum, but this team is really missing a lead dog or two and he is not that. 

• Like 1

47 minutes ago, ChaRisMa said:

Zero problems with Jaire

You absolutely should have a problem with him inserting himself into the coin flip and nearly giving the Panthers and extra possession. What a boneheaded move. He's looking less and less like someone you want influencing your locker room.  

• Like 5

Jaire is in his own world and always has been so this comes with the territory. I'm not a fan of the crap he's been pulling this season and today is no exception, but I also believe part of it is just simply being fed up with Barry(which I don't blame him one bit). Don't think it's time for the team to jettison him out just yet. Get a new DC/defensive staff in place and see what they and Jaire can bring to the team next season. If injuries, behavior, downright poor play are still evident, then it's time to move on, but I don't think we are fully there yet.

• Like 3

2 minutes ago, deltarich87 said:

Jaire is in his own world and always has been so this comes with the territory. I'm not a fan of the crap he's been pulling this season and today is no exception, but I also believe part of it is just simply being fed up with Barry(which I don't blame him one bit). Don't think it's time for the team to jettison him out just yet. Get a new DC/defensive staff in place and see what they and Jaire can bring to the team next season. If injuries, behavior, downright poor play are still evident, then it's time to move on, but I don't think we are fully there yet.

They need entirely new direction on the defensive side of the ball.  LaFleur is losing these guys a bit with keeping Barry.  You can't have guys speaking out on social media .. can't have loons like Alexander just deciding to go out for a coin flip.  LaFleur is going to have to take charge of this thing a little more forcefully than he seems to be doing.  It doesn't seem to be the tightest ship in the ocean these days.  I think it's concerning .. wouldn't be surprised if Murphy and Gute aren't at least a little concerned. 

• Like 1