Draft Discussion 2.0

FGK

Just now, ohiogenius said:

SOLD

Everything I read makes me confident he will fix flaws in his game. I was more worried he doesnt have the speed to play CB

Fair enough.

He certainly has the play speed.

Great player...but he's not a splash impact day 1 lock down CB.

So, is that worth top 5.

Saquon fits that mold...as does Chubb.

If it's down to Minkah I'm starting to feel myself being in the trade down camp and betting on 2 or 3 DBs w/ the draft capital on foregoing selecting 1 (Minkah)

I don't know.

I might disagree with myself on that after hearing how Nick Saban feels Minkah is the best DB he's ever coached.

Is there any interest in a sizeable trade back from 4 and taking Orlando Brown Jr? It's not one of my top choices, but if we could get a big haul, I'm not completely against nailing down that LT spot with elite protection for the next decade plus for Darnold.

My other options are Saquon, who is starting to gain some real traction to the Colts at 3, or a small trade down to a QB desperate team and still take Minkah or Chubb.

Not as keen on Chubb because we already have a star pass rusher and another highly drafted, rock solid DE.

I would rather not lose the chance of getting a top trier at #4. I’d rather trade up back into the first to get another top talent. I would love a draft of like Darnold Barkley and Browns. 

I just hate taking a Top tier LT and having him move to RT for a couple season until JT Retire and than moving them back. I would hate for that move to RT to screw up his game

12 hours ago, Mind Character said:

This is definitely an original take

I love that each person making the take was not aware someone else already made it. 

13 hours ago, Mind Character said:

Solid player has trouble with eye discipline and quick triggering to break up passes in the post.

Really good quick trigger when it comes to run support.

I see him as a 2nd half of the round/ bottom of the 2nd round player even though he's being projected much higher.

Love him at the Eagles pick, but if we are going FS at the top of round 2.....then give me Justin Reid out of Stanford

You like him better than his brother? 

6 hours ago, Aztec Hammer said:

Is there any interest in a sizeable trade back from 4 and taking Orlando Brown Jr? It's not one of my top choices, but if we could get a big haul, I'm not completely against nailing down that LT spot with elite protection for the next decade plus for Darnold.

My other options are Saquon, who is starting to gain some real traction to the Colts at 3, or a small trade down to a QB desperate team and still take Minkah or Chubb.

Not as keen on Chubb because we already have a star pass rusher and another highly drafted, rock solid DE.

Orlando Brown is a freaking monster. I was initially worried he wouldn't have the feet to pass protect, but watching him on film, he doesn't struggle with speed rushers. He's also an insanely good run blocker and murdered Roquan Smith multiple times in the playoff game on down blocks. It's a nightmare that he, at 350+, can get to the next level so quickly.

Just now, BleedTheClock said:

Orlando Brown is a freaking monster. I was initially worried he wouldn't have the feet to pass protect, but watching him on film, he doesn't struggle with speed rushers. He's also an insanely good run blocker and murdered Roquan Smith multiple times in the playoff game on down blocks. It's a nightmare that he, at 350+, can get to the next level so quickly.

A nightmare for the opposition, a dream for us that he would be protecting Darnold and allowing him to drop dimes all over the field.

What's the consensus on Brown in terms of draft position? Top 10? I possibly wouldn't even mind trading up from 33 for him if it wasn't a major move to make and didn't involve a first rounder. Doubt that's possible though.

Just now, Aztec Hammer said:

A nightmare for the opposition, a dream for us that he would be protecting Darnold and allowing him to drop dimes all over the field.

What's the consensus on Brown in terms of draft position? Top 10? I possibly wouldn't even mind trading up from 33 for him if it wasn't a major move to make and didn't involve a first rounder. Doubt that's possible though.

People seem to have him ranked as the 3rd OT behind McGlinchey and Williams. I like Williams but not McGlinchey. I would probably put Orlando Brown as my #1 OT right now. My expectation is that he goes in the 16-22 range in the draft.

Brown will be the first tackle taken

hes a monster 

forgot all this Willams and guy from ND crap

i think both of them will bust 

Orlando is going to be a monster in the league. He’s blue chip 

if I had to pick one player to pan out in this draft it’d be Orlando Brown 

3 minutes ago, BleedTheClock said:

People seem to have him ranked as the 3rd OT behind McGlinchey and Williams. I like Williams but not McGlinchey. I would probably put Orlando Brown as my #1 OT right now. My expectation is that he goes in the 16-22 range in the draft.

I'm all about giving Darnold every single advantage possible to succeed. It's that important. If that means giving him Joe Thomas and Orlando Brown at tackle, so be it.

Could you imagine somehow getting:

1 - Sam Darnold QB

4 - Saquon Barkley RB

20ish (trade up with Eagles 2nd and a 4th) - Orlando Brown Jr T

35 - Christian Kirk WR

Maybe its not truly conceivable. But Sam Darnold would love us.

13 hours ago, Mind Character said:

@BleedTheClock

What are you seein my man...

Not a great game from him, but he played a ton of high safety, including single high. He does not have the instincts of Fitzpatrick yet and might never hit that level, but I'm banking on his potential, tenacity, and twitch. Derwin James is indeed a better SS prospect than a FS, but I think with his speed and lateral agility, he could become a dominant ball-hawking FS in time.

He's certainly a better fit at FS than Peppers is in my opinion. 

Archived