Draft Discussion 2.0

FGK

6 hours ago, big poppa pump said:

"sighs as he waits for the Carson Wentz wouldn't be as good here as he is in Philly"

Don't want to keep you waiting. ;)

Seriously, there obviously is a LOT more to PHI than Wentz or they wouldn't have rode to the SB on Foles.

36 minutes ago, bruceb said:

Seriously, there obviously is a LOT more to PHI than Wentz or they wouldn't have rode to the SB on Foles.

Don't forget that Philadelphia had to make multiple moves just to get high enough to get Wentz. It is not like they were a bad team before him. They finished 7-9 and we originally slated to pick 14th in the draft. Jason Peters, Lane Johnson, Jason Kelce, Zach Ertz, Brent Celek, Jenkins, Kendrick, Cox, Graham, Curry and several others who are main contributors to this years Super Bowl run were already on the roster when Carson Wentz was drafting. But, hey, we'll let clowns continue to ignore the facts to force feed their opinions. 

44 minutes ago, bruceb said:

And if you are saying that to imply wentz didnt play a huge role while he played...and that he wouldnt be the qbotf we so desparately need...then u sir do not know football

6 minutes ago, big poppa pump said:

And if you are saying that to imply wentz didnt play a huge role while he played...and that he wouldnt be the qbotf we so desparately need...then u sir do not know football

Ouch!

Wasn't implying that Wentz is not good.

Can't say whether he would have our QBOTF, especially since I just watched what Hueball did to a young QB.

He would have done it to Wentz, too.

Daniel Jeremiah on Derwin James:

"Overall, I see James as a box safety or weak-side linebacker at the next level. "

-i told everyone that when people started watching him he'd be considered a "LB that can moonlight as a SS/box Safety."

3 other media draft guys are on the James at LB thing now as well.

Man...if only we could've traded up from 25 to 15 and still taken FS Malik Hooker...we could've paired Hooker with Minkah

1 hour ago, Mind Character said:

Daniel Jeremiah on Derwin James:

"Overall, I see James as a box safety or weak-side linebacker at the next level. "

-i told everyone that when people started watching him he'd be considered a "LB that can moonlight as a SS/box Safety."

3 other media draft guys are on the James at LB thing now as well.

Man...if only we could've traded up from 25 to 15 and still taken FS Malik Hooker...we could've paired Hooker with Minkah

Would've been a sexy pair for sure. But I think I'll take the #4 pick this year and #25 last year over the #12 last year (without knowing who was picked where, just picks in a vacuum).

Honestly I think this is how it happens 

barley - first round pick

Chubb-4th round pick

browns sign free agent Mccaron .

i think you guys told me DE was okay? But Chubb is explosive and the best Defensive lineman in the draft . 

Him and Garret would be a great dou for you guys .

plus the Browns wanted Mccaron before . With a new FO I think they'll ask Hue who he really wants and I think he'll vouch for Mccaron on a one year deal .

They said Dorsey may have interest in Davenport

man I was thinking that the other day in terms of options at 4

Minkah isnt a true corner or FS

Chubb is good but I'm not sure if hes a superstar and hes really similar to Ogbah

Barkley whether hes there and if you values getting running backs that high

So Davenport offers that pure pass rush ability from your third end that would allow you to have Ogbah move in on 3rd down and have pure pass rushing on the outside

I wouldnt mind it he sounds like a great athlete so we'll see. Hes a name to look out for though 

1 hour ago, brownie man said:

They said Dorsey may have interest in Davenport

man I was thinking that the other day in terms of options at 4

Minkah isnt a true corner or FS

Chubb is good but I'm not sure if hes a superstar and hes really similar to Ogbah

Barkley whether hes there and if you values getting running backs that high

So Davenport offers that pure pass rush ability from your third end that would allow you to have Ogbah move in on 3rd down and have pure pass rushing on the outside

I wouldnt mind it he sounds like a great athlete so we'll see. Hes a name to look out for though 

Davenport over Chubb would be absolute madness.

Don't fall for the all star game buzz.

There's a lot to like about Davenport, but I'd bet anything that we're not looking at him at 4 one bit.

He's a earlier 2nd round guy that will get consideration mid 1st round from a lot of teams (Just like Emmanuel Ogbah did coming out).

If he trade beyond pick 15 somewhere, he could bean option, but i just don't see it.

He's definitely a player Dorsey and co. would like.

5 hours ago, Kiwibrown said:

I had a dream we took darnold at one, Minkah at 4 and then skipped over Barkley at 33and 35. 

I was so angry.

That's really weird, I had a dream that you were having that dream as I sat there and watched you sleep. You woke up angry in my dream and I assumed it was because of me I'm glad to find out it was because of Barkley. See you tonight.

A lot has been made about LB Tremaine Edmunds out of Va Tech...and rightfully so as he is one of the best players in the draft.

However, his brother FS Terrell Edmunds is a top 3 FS in the draft who is a tremendous tackler, urgent and instinctual mover, high motor, and great competitor.

I've really started to dig into his game.

He has some hip stiffness, and is not all that smooth at transitioning via change of direction, but there is just so much to like.

I'd love him as a FS target 3rd round and on as I believe he has starter impact upside.

Archived