Draft Discussion 2.0

FGK

20 minutes ago, MWil23 said:

I firmly believe that Ogbah is just as good if not better. I'd major facepalm if we take him at #4.

-He has only one speed

-Average athlete 

-Slightly above average technique

Im sorry but that doesn't = a top 5 prospect. He's in the tier of the Derek Barnett, Charles Harris, Taco Charlton than he is a Myles Garrett

25 minutes ago, MWil23 said:

I firmly believe that Ogbah is just as good if not better. I'd major facepalm if we take him at #4.

I’m not on Team Chubb either at 4. 

With that said, half the forum is against a RB at 4, same with Chubb, and there’s a growing number saying Minkah isn’t worth it at 4. 

If we don’t trade back, something has to give. I’m still hoping we fleece a trade back just a couple spots and land a guy like Minkah. What I don’t want is a trade back into the teens for a guy that’s perceived #3 at his position.

9 minutes ago, NateDawg said:

I’m not on Team Chubb either at 4. 

With that said, half the forum is against a RB at 4, same with Chubb, and there’s a growing number saying Minkah isn’t worth it at 4. 

If we don’t trade back, something has to give. I’m still hoping we fleece a trade back just a couple spots and land a guy like Minkah. What I don’t want is a trade back into the teens for a guy that’s perceived #3 at his position.

I'm noticing this as well.  That said, what if there are positions where there are several guys around the same talent (like CB where there may be as many as five or six CB1s coming out)? Or a position that isn't worth grabbing high but would have decent value lower (like Ridley, Sutton at WR in the teens/20s)?  Or if we can grab one of the top tackles before they're all gone without having to spend a top-10 pick?  There are some things to consider here, though your point makes sense.  I'm one of those eyeing Buffalo for the two high picks.  I believe we could do something great right there based on how this draft class appears.

Darnold / Rosen / Mayfield / Allen / Lamar

Saquon

Ridley / Sutton

McGlinchey / Orlando Brown

Q. Nelson

Chubb / Davenport

Tremaine Edmunds / Roquon

Minkah, Derwin

Josh Jackson, Denzel Ward, Carlton Davis

To me, that's 18 top players. I see all those QBs going top 20, so if even one or two surprises happen, we'd likely have two of these guys (plus another pick) instead of choosing Barkley, Minkah or Chubb.

Even one of those guys and Isaiah Oliver, Sony Michel, Derrius Guice, Billy Price etc. wouldn't be terrible IMO, though I wouldn't want two of these guys instead of a top-4 guy. I can see us grabbing Orlando Brown/Carlton Davis, for example--seems like better value IMO.

5 hours ago, NateDawg said:

None seem to equal or exceed the draft assets/talent value we could gain through trade down.

5 hours ago, NudeTayne said:

I'm one of those eyeing Buffalo for the two high picks.  I believe we could do something great right there based on how this draft class appears.

ARIZ is my beach.

But I could see getting BUF's two #1s + and using our 4s, 3 and 2s in combination with them to trade up for who we want this year and to gain 2019 picks.

5 hours ago, NudeTayne said:

Orlando Brown

He is garbage...he has no feet and no balance. He's massive and would've been exposed in the pass rush if Oklahoma didn't get the ball out at a lightning clip as push rushers got him skating all over the place.

Everything else you wrote makes complete sense.

He's one of my least liked players in the draft.

1 hour ago, LETSGOBROWNIES said:

1. Mayfield

4. Derwin James

Trade 33 and 35 to move up for Orlando Brown.

Thoughts @Mind Character?

"Today with Baker, Derwin, and Zeus Brown we got real football players...with toughness, they're the type of leaders that people gravitate to, and they will make you proud."       --- John Dorsey

We all know this is exactly what will happen....and the celebration on this board will finally successfully drive me away to much applause.

6 minutes ago, Mind Character said:

"Today with Baker, Derwin, and Zeus Brown we got real football players...with toughness, their the type of leaders that people gravitate to, and they will make you proud."       --- John Dorsey

We all know this is exactly what will happen....and the celebration on this board will finally successfully drive me away to much applause.

Maybe swap Kizer for Davis Webb?

Praying for 

1. Sam Darnold QB

trade down with the With buffalo for both 1st and 2nd plus 1st next year and LT Cordy Glenn ( their trying to dump him ) 

21. Calvin Ridley WR

22. Carlton Davis CB 

trade back up with two seconds 

28. Darius Guice RB 

Archived