Kirk Cousins ends run with Vikings, signs with ATL (p.36)

vike daddy

3 minutes ago, Captain Relax said:

Hope we can do better than Darnold as a bridge.

Why? At this point, with Cousins gone, this team would need a miracle at QB to be a contender. Might as well embrace Darnold, go 4-13 and get a top 5 pick next season. Hopefully, this plan includes JJ McCarthy sitting for 12 games or more this year.

2 minutes ago, SemperFeist said:

Congrats Kirk! 

But I’m very glad Kwesi didn’t bite on that. 

Yep. I would have been happy to have him back for 2 years and $80MM. But that's a hard pass for me.

• Like 1

Just now, wcblack34 said:

Yep. I would have been happy to have him back for 2 years and $80MM. But that's a hard pass for me.

That's where I was at, as well. So just not realistic for the Vikings to do that. 

Loved watching Kirk play when he was at his best. And he was one of the best QB's for the Vikings (or these best) that I've seen since maybe 90's Cunningham great season? But too steep for me. Best of luck to him in a two team race between the Falcons and the Bucs in the South.

• Like 1

Bittersweet, best Vikings QB of my lifetime no question.

I loved Kirk as a Viking, and I know it wasn't all of his fault, but 1 playoff win in 6 seasons. Best of luck in ATL Kirk except when playing the Purple.

This draft will define the KAM and KOC era, go get your guy!

• Like 1

Do people seriously want Kwesi drafting Kirk's replacement? What has kwesi shown that makes you think he will make the right choice. Even if he somehow does it is way more likely that the new QB is going to be worse than Kirk than it is that he will be better

Just now, Nbanflguy said:

Do people seriously want Kwesi drafting Kirk's replacement? What has kwesi shown that makes you think he will make the right choice. Even if he somehow does it is way more likely that the new QB is going to be worse than Kirk than it is that he will be better

He's the GM. If we don't want him picking the next QB, he shouldn't be our GM.

• Like 2