Sleeping on Seattle

BayRaider

1 minute ago, AkronsWitness said:

For the life of me I will never be able to figure out why the Seahawks offense doesnt decide to play football until the second half of each season.

I honestly think that midway through the season, they kinda say "eff it, just do Russell things..." and it works.

Midway through the season is also when one of their sub par RBs gets hurt and they have to put it in Wilson's hands.

Just now, EliteTexan80 said:

I honestly think that midway through the season, they kinda say "eff it, just do Russell things..." and it works.

Midway through the season is also when one of their sub par RBs gets hurt and they have to put it in Wilson's hands.

Why not just do that from Day 1 though.

Its like every year they go into the season trying to be a ground and pound team for the first 8 games, realize they suck at doing that after forcing it was a bad offensive line and no RBs, then turn into a backyard throwing sandlot team the final 8 games and it works.

They always try to be something they are not 

Personally, I think they are being treated pretty fairly.     I think everyone who knows anything realizes that, if they get to the playoffs, they could be a legit threat.   However, I think most people also realize this isnt the same team as it was a few years ago, especially with the Legion of Boom out of commission.      

I honestly think they are leaning too much on Russell Wilson.   The defense is just decent right now and they lack a traditional run game.    Thats going to make it hard for them to go on the road and win 3 straight games.    If the Seahawks are going to go all the way, they will need a few players to step up.

The Seahawks had a load of health and youth on defense when they were a terrifying out in the playoffs.  Russell Wilson was able to help the deficiencies of that offense when the defense had health and youth.  The defense no longer has that health and youth.  They're still a good defense, but at 9th overall they're no longer that elite defense.  That offense needs that elite defense to be a legitimate threat in the playoffs.  Ninth defense (points allowed) seems plenty good enough, but this is Seattle.  It's not good enough for that offense.

3rd, 1st, 1st, 1st, 1st, 5th.

Those are their points allowed ranks for the past six years. 

In addition to the defense not being what it was, their running game isn't anywhere in the same league as it was before. 

They're no pushover, but the reason people are sleeping on them is because if they were a bed, they'd look more comfortable now than they have for Wilson's entire career.

3 hours ago, FourThreeMafia said:

Personally, I think they are being treated pretty fairly.     I think everyone who knows anything realizes that, if they get to the playoffs, they could be a legit threat.   However, I think most people also realize this isnt the same team as it was a few years ago, especially with the Legion of Boom out of commission.      

I honestly think they are leaning too much on Russell Wilson.   The defense is just decent right now and they lack a traditional run game.    Thats going to make it hard for them to go on the road and win 3 straight games.    If the Seahawks are going to go all the way, they will need a few players to step up.

Agree wholeheartedly.   The significant flaws that they have will not likely be able to be overcome once the playoffs begin.  However, the experience they have there will be a boost to them, which may give them an advantage.  

I have two questions.

LT: Duane Brown

LG: Luke Joeckel

C: Justin Britt

RG: Oday Aboushi/Ethan Pocic

RT: Germain Ifedi

Are they really still the worst in the NFL?  Did drafting Pocic, signing Joeckel and trading for Duane Brown really do nothing to fix the problems along the Seahawks offensive line? 

At some point I have to look at this and think if they still have the worst offensive line in the NFL despite doing all of that, the problem goes beyond the five guys lining up in front of Russell Wilson. 

6 hours ago, Crickett said:

I have two questions.

LT: Duane Brown

LG: Luke Joeckel

C: Justin Britt

RG: Oday Aboushi/Ethan Pocic

RT: Germain Ifedi

Are they really still the worst in the NFL?  Did drafting Pocic, signing Joeckel and trading for Duane Brown really do nothing to fix the problems along the Seahawks offensive line? 

At some point I have to look at this and think if they still have the worst offensive line in the NFL despite doing all of that, the problem goes beyond the five guys lining up in front of Russell Wilson. 

QB pressures since getting Brown has improved drastically 

10 hours ago, disaacs said:

Agree wholeheartedly.   The significant flaws that they have will not likely be able to be overcome once the playoffs begin.  However, the experience they have there will be a boost to them, which may give them an advantage.  

You said= I don't think they will but they might. Wow,what football wisdom!

They may make the playoffs but it won't  matter.They won't  make the SB.

12 hours ago, biletnikoff said:

You said= I don't think they will but they might. Wow,what football wisdom!

They may make the playoffs but it won't  matter.They won't  make the SB.

You can make a point without using sarcasm, sir.  If you would like me to expand my opinion, it's basically that I don't believe they will be able to overcome their significant flaws, but the experience that they have in the playoffs will help them be competitive and may get them a win or 2.  I agree that they aren't going to win the Super Bowl, but they are going to be a tough out.  

Teams that make deep runs do so because they start playing great as a unit. The Seahawks rely too much on a single player (Wilson) to win them games, that’s neither a recipe for success nor a sustainable strategy. I give them credit for playing hard but that defense is not elite and that’s what pushed them over the edge in the past. They are a very flawed team but wouldn’t surprise me if they beat 1 or 2 teams in the playoffs but don’t think they make it past the NFC championship at best.

Archived