Who do Niners and Ravens fans least want to see in the NFC and AFC playoffs?

FrantikRam

3 hours ago, Ray Reed said:

Counterpoint: the Flacco coming to Baltimore narrative is probably the only thing that would give a vast majority of Browns fans confidence in winning a road playoff game and would have their expectations at probably the highest they’ve been in 3 decades.

Because of this, they will lose. Most likely in heartbreaking fashion. Browns fans are meant to be tortured. That is the real destiny. 

giphy.gif

• Like 3

4 hours ago, Ray Reed said:

Counterpoint: the Flacco coming to Baltimore narrative is probably the only thing that would give a vast majority of Browns fans confidence in winning a road playoff game and would have their expectations at probably the highest they’ve been in 3 decades.

Because of this, they will lose. Most likely in heartbreaking fashion. Browns fans are meant to be tortured. That is the real destiny. 

Plot twist:

We win tonight and you lose Sunday, setting up a showdown neither team wants Week 18.

The 11-5 walking wounded Browns who had a Week 5 bye travel to Cincinnati to play the Bengals with the possibility of a divisional title and bye…

…while…

The 12-4 Ravens host Pittsburgh in a blood bath Week 18 game, also hoping to hang on for the divisional title and bye.

Cincinnati and Pittsburgh find themselves in a “win and you’re in” game, and the result is 2 classic December/Janury AFC North blood bath carnage.

Lamar and Flacco both get hurt.

The Browns exit in the wildcard round after Peacock gets the game and bones me into buying a 1 month streaming contract, and the Huntley led Ravens lose to the Mason Rudolph Steelers while Tomlin smirks his way to the AFC CHAMPIONSHIP GAME, fresh off a win where they promptly get blown out by the Chiefs.

The End

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, MWil23 said:

Plot twist:

We win tonight and you lose Sunday, setting up a showdown neither team wants Week 18.

The 11-5 walking wounded Browns who had a Week 5 bye travel to Cincinnati to play the Bengals with the possibility of a divisional title and bye…

…while…

The 12-4 Ravens host Pittsburgh in a blood bath Week 18 game, also hoping to hang on for the divisional title and bye.

Cincinnati and Pittsburgh find themselves in a “win and you’re in” game, and the result is 2 classic December/Janury AFC North blood bath carnage.

The Browns exit in the wildcard round after Peacock gets the game and bones me into buying a 1 month streaming contract, and the Huntley led Ravens lose to the Mason Rudolph Steelers while Tomlin smirks his way to the AFC CHAMPIONSHIP GAME, fresh off a win where they promptly get blown out by the Chiefs.

The End

p18551792_v_v13_ak.jpg

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Ray Reed said:

p18551792_v_v13_ak.jpg

Admit it, I’m probably right. At this point most Cleveland fans want a win tonight, just have you guys win Sunday and let the Bills and Dolphins battle it out, both of our squads rest Week 18, then circle back late January of February at full strength.

So, clearly you’ll ruin this for all of us Sunday.

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, MWil23 said:

Plot twist:

…while…

The End

One correction: Lamar won't get hurt. He'll have an insanely bad case of IBS which "forces" him to sit out for the playoffs.

Edited by AFlaccoSeagulls
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, AngusMcFife said:

I'm not as worried about Flacco. Is he even playing well? He has a 10:7 TD/INT ratio and an 85 QB rating, which is below league average. With Flacco the Browns got crushed by the Rams, they barely beat two mid-teams at home (Bears, Jags) by 3 and 4 points, and then shut down a Stroud-less Texans team. 

Flacco has definitely been playing well, watching the games. More Aplus plays than bad picks and even those are mostly the being aggressive type rather than the careless kind 

As long as we don't have to play the AFC North, I'm feeling alright.  Between the Rams and Eagles.  Lions could also be uncomfortable.  Rams are always tight, with McVay.  Eagles will be motivated after the midseason matchup.  If they're motivated and clicking at that time, they're the biggest threat, imo, regardless of how the last game went.  Say Purdy gets nicked early and has to come out for a play or 2, there could be some mental unraveling SF could struggle to overcome.   Just depends on what version of Philly shows up for the matchup.  

I'll say Eagles, until we see how week 18 plays out.  

AFC

Dolphins- There speed isn’t a particularly good matchup for our defensive backs and Tua is accurate enough to pick apart our zone coverages.

Bills- Good winter team and Allen can bounce defenders off him to make Big Ben esq plays even if he doesn’t play well. They have a great defense that has played well against Lamar in the past. But it’s a good matchup on both sides for both teams. So I doubt they’d particularly want to see us either.

Chiefs- They still have Mahomes and there defense has experience against Lamar.

Browns- I was more afraid of this team with Watson. We matchup well with their WRs IMO and with the OL injuries, Flacco being a statue, and Flacco being a gunslinger I like our chances to pick him off a couple times… on the flip side, he’s a gunslinger and has an x-factor that could if protected lead to some big plays, he’s the master of the DPI play, and so along with that historic defense that’s a game that would be tight. I think the Ravens coaches have shown to be hella conservative this season and I think that will lose them games come the post season, particularly against a team that with an elite historic defense can hang around like the Browns. Whereas conversely with Stefanski he’s going to be playing with house money and will be aggressive and that is something that I think could really benefit them in such a matchup. Lastly it would suck with this team losing to Flacco.

Jags- Lawrence has some Joe Flacco in him from an x-factor perspective. And with a defense that has shown they can be very physical and play fast, I’d rather avoid such a matchup.

NFC

1. Rams
2. 49ers
3. Eagles

Edited by diamondbull424

9 minutes ago, diamondbull424 said:

AFC

Dolphins- There speed isn’t a particularly good matchup for our defensive backs and Tua is accurate enough to pick apart our zone coverages.

Bills- Good winter team and Allen can bounce defenders off him to make Big Ben esq plays even if he doesn’t play well. They have a great defense that has played well against Lamar in the past. But it’s a good matchup on both sides for both teams. So I doubt they’d particularly want to see us either.

Chiefs- They still have Mahomes and there defense has experience against Lamar.

Browns- I was more afraid of this team with Watson. We matchup well with their WRs IMO and with the OL injuries, Flacco being a statue, and Flacco being a gunslinger I like our chances to pick him off a couple times… on the flip side, he’s a gunslinger and has an x-factor that could if protected lead to some big plays, he’s the master of the DPI play, and so along with that historic defense that’s a game that would be tight. I think the Ravens coaches have shown to be hella conservative this season and I think that will lose them games come the post season, particularly against a team that with an elite historic defense can hang around like the Browns. Whereas conversely with Stefanski he’s going to be playing with house money and will be aggressive and that is something that I think could really benefit them in such a matchup. Lastly it would suck with this team losing to Flacco.

Jags- Lawrence has some Joe Flacco in him from an x-factor perspective. And with a defense that has shown they can be very physical and play fast, I’d rather avoid such a matchup.

NFC

1. Rams
2. 49ers
3. Eagles

We had you guys on the rope. That game was the best L I’ve ever seen in my life. Matched toe for toe on physicality. If we had a pass rush to help Donald it would have been over. Byron and Turner are so young they aren’t there yet. That game was so frustrating watching Donald get tripled and doubled 24/7.

Stafford was carving those boys up.. Also, side note but Ernest Jones might be the best MLB you never heard of. He does everything at a high level without the the name recognition. Puka, Kyren and co get a lot of love. But Ernest Jones might Les best pick in the second day besides Kupp.. That guy is a dog and brings it… Really fun game because we started off with 9 straight runs… That physically was a thing beauty. And it was in the rain in Bal. Just a straight up bar fight and no one was backing down. The amount of times Lamar converted on 3rd and 35 was maddening(slight exaggeration).. God I wish I can go back and watch that game.. Puka raw dogging catches was fun to watch. 

that scream bro! My hair turned yellow for 5 seconds. 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, El Ramster said:

We had you guys on the rope. That game was the best L I’ve ever seen in my life. Matched toe for toe on physicality. If we had a pass rush to help Donald it would have been over. Byron and Turner are so young they aren’t there yet. That game was so frustrating watching Donald get tripled and doubled 24/7.

Stafford was carving those boys up.. Also, side note but Ernest Jones might be the best MLB you never heard of. He does everything at a high level without the the name recognition. Puka, Kyren and co get a lot of love. But Ernest Jones might Les best pick in the second day besides Kupp.. That guy is a dog and brings it… Really fun game because we started off with 9 straight runs… That physically was a thing beauty. And it was in the rain in Bal. Just a straight up bar fight and no one was backing down. The amount of times Lamar converted on 3rd and 35 was maddening(slight exaggeration).. God I wish I can go back and watch that game.. Puka raw dogging catches was fun to watch. 

that scream bro! My hair turned yellow for 5 seconds. 

Yeah honestly I think this was the “Game of the Year” and similar to the Bills we matchup well with each other. There’s no great advantage either team has over the other and I think the Rams are being slept on as a team. I think they’ve got the best wildcard shot to win the SB.

But the play of that game for me other than Lamar’s 3rd and 19 conversion was Stafford’s absurd no look pass as he was getting sacked… I honestly have no idea how he completed that pass with the accuracy when he turned around and was immediately getting buried and he not only got the ball out but it became a big time conversion. That was a near back breaker.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, AngusMcFife said:

Although the more I think about it, I'm not as worried about Flacco. Is he even playing well? He has a 10:7 TD/INT ratio and an 85 QB rating, which is below league average. With Flacco the Browns got crushed by the Rams, they barely beat two mid-teams at home (Bears, Jags) by 3 and 4 points, and then shut down a Stroud-less Texans team. 

@AFlaccoSeagulls do we believe in foreshadowing this year, or nah?

Also:

joe-elite-dragon-flacco-v0-01rc5zc8fj5c1