Week 17 TNF GDT: New York Jets @ Cleveland Browns

wackywabbit

19 minutes ago, BetterCallSaul said:

I saw multiple occasions where the OT and TE were supposed to double team Garrett. Instead, neither player got a hand on him. It was mind-numbing. Clearly not something they work on. 

I'm honestly not sure what their line works on. There was a play last night, where the person responsible for blocking Myles Garret was wr/kr Xavier Gipson. The kid is 5'9" 189lbs. That should never be the plan.

56 minutes ago, drew39k said:

I'm honestly not sure what their line works on. There was a play last night, where the person responsible for blocking Myles Garret was wr/kr Xavier Gipson. The kid is 5'9" 189lbs. That should never be the plan.

I like it if the plan is for Mekhi Becton to roll him into a little ball and bowling ball roll him into Garrett’s legs for a hi-low block. That could be something?

1 hour ago, BetterCallSaul said:

Imagine running it as your base defense with three shutdown corners….

ywhcc2v9gt7kfnhosxeg.jpg

thats how it's done in todays game. Dominant basic front and CB's that can cover.   

But in todays league, most teams want to overpay QB's,  then of course make sure they have enough weapons to justify the QB's pay.   A reason to appreciate what payton has done in denver xD

1 hour ago, CP3MVP said:

What’s gonna be funny is when they aren’t good with Rodgers next year and saleh/Douglas gets fired in October 

They should have been fired - well moreso Douglas than Saleh - in October when they did nothing, literally not a ******* thing - to replace Aaron Rodgers with this loaded roster.

I've been hounding this all year. It looked bad in September when they did nothing. It looked worse after the trade deadline when they still did nothing. It looks somehow even worse now after Joe Flacco goes onto the Browns and is crushing it.

Yet ownership seriously released a statement saying the entire group would return for next year. I literally do not know what was done this year behind closed doors in order for ownership to feel confident that the right decisions were made this year.

1 hour ago, AFlaccoSeagulls said:

They should have been fired - well moreso Douglas than Saleh - in October when they did nothing, literally not a ******* thing - to replace Aaron Rodgers with this loaded roster.

I've been hounding this all year. It looked bad in September when they did nothing. It looked worse after the trade deadline when they still did nothing. It looks somehow even worse now after Joe Flacco goes onto the Browns and is crushing it.

Yet ownership seriously released a statement saying the entire group would return for next year. I literally do not know what was done this year behind closed doors in order for ownership to feel confident that the right decisions were made this year.

I fundamentally disagree with the concept of the roster being “loaded”. 

They have an excellent defense but I’m not sure it’s even the best in the conference. This is important when your offensive line is also garbage, you have one nfl pass catcher(who is not elite) and one nice RB. 

10 minutes ago, CP3MVP said:

They have an excellent defense but I’m not sure it’s even the best in the conference. This is important when your offensive line is also garbage, you have one nfl pass catcher(who is not elite) and one nice RB. 

I guess my point is moreso that even with just an average to slightly below average QB, they could have easily made the playoffs or been near the top of the wildcard standings.

Instead, they chose to literally just die on the Zach Wilson hill, which was already a known thing, and waste a full year of this roster.

I can't imagine how Garrett Wilson must be feeling knowing his entire prime is going to waste behind this garbage franchise. That guy is an elite WR if his QB play wasn't the worst in the NFL.

20 minutes ago, CP3MVP said:

I feel like the Jets defense has fallen apart a little bit from the weight that has been on them all season to carry the team. They are just worn out. Short offensive possessions and turnovers lead them to being back on the field quicker and it was all fine until the dog days of the season came and they didnt have much to play for

Somebody get that defense a Gatorade

Edited by AkronsWitness