2024 Free Agency

Humble_Beast

With over $34m in cap space do we think we might look at a trade/cuts  still? Not heard much about Munford has looked thus far but RT, CB & WR look positions we might target.  

I saw this article and they mention Conklin as a possible trade candidate ? 

https://www.nfl.com/news/nfl-training-camp-najee-harris-jack-conklin-among-veterans-who-could-lose-starting-roles-in-2024

This article has Elijah Moore and Allan Lazard as possible cuts as well 

https://www.si.com/nfl/nfl-players-roster-bubble-entering-2024-training-camps

• Like 1

59 minutes ago, Dessie said:

With over $34m in cap space do we think we might look at a trade/cuts  still? Not heard much about Munford has looked thus far but RT, CB & WR look positions we might target.  

https://www.nfl.com/news/nfl-training-camp-najee-harris-jack-conklin-among-veterans-who-could-lose-starting-roles-in-2024

I believe there's a trade incoming.  Tommy Testicles isn't finished with this roster yet... 

• Like 1

On 7/29/2024 at 3:27 PM, RaidersAreOne said:

Veteran CB trade is my guess.

Yeh, I’d think that seems the obvious route. I could see us bring in a free agent vet CB but I can’t really see who we’d trade for at this point, maybe a name will pop up out of the blue…..

• 2 weeks later...
On 7/28/2024 at 1:47 PM, Dessie said:

I loved Jack Conklin when he was drafted.

• Like 1

12 hours ago, CaliforniaKid7 said:

I’d take a look at bringing in another/upgrading WR, CB, and OL. 

Id be all for Adoree Jackson and looking for a cut/trade option at WR  there’s some FA OL tablet but the FA WR pool is super weak  

I could see us picking up 

• JUJU- coached by Pierce in HS. I don't think he's very good but can block. Gallup replacement 
  • Adoree Jackson - I think he is an upgrade to the unit and he can also return punts 
  • D. J. Humphries - only 30 and has started a lot of football at LT. Kolton is still hurt , and Peat is better as a guard 

1 hour ago, Humble_Beast said:

I could see us picking up 

• JUJU- coached by Pierce in HS. I don't think he's very good but can block. Gallup replacement 
  • Adoree Jackson - I think he is an upgrade to the unit and he can also return punts 
  • D. J. Humphries - only 30 and has started a lot of football at LT. Kolton is still hurt , and Peat is better as a guard 

Juju I can see rebounding in the right situation. He won't be a top 10 WR, but he can be one of the better WR2's in the league with a real offense and real QB. Can't fault him for being cheeks in New England, and he's going to be dirt cheap. I'd be all.over it at this point as a depth piece with upside, especially in blocking and size. We have a lot of really small WRs. 

Adoree is a no-brainer for me. Why hasn't he signed anywhere though? It's not like he's so heralded that he should be skipping out on the preseason. What's the deal? 

Not sure how necessary Humphries will be. Munford looked fine in his snaps and Glaze looks solid. Peat, however, can kick rocks. Even if he's "better as a guard", his play on Saturday was borderline un-rosterable. 

• Like 2

16 minutes ago, ronjon1990 said:

Juju I can see rebounding in the right situation. He won't be a top 10 WR, but he can be one of the better WR2's in the league with a real offense and real QB. Can't fault him for being cheeks in New England, and he's going to be dirt cheap. I'd be all.over it at this point as a depth piece with upside, especially in blocking and size. We have a lot of really small WRs. 

Adoree is a no-brainer for me. Why hasn't he signed anywhere though? It's not like he's so heralded that he should be skipping out on the preseason. What's the deal? 

Not sure how necessary Humphries will be. Munford looked fine in his snaps and Glaze looks solid. Peat, however, can kick rocks. Even if he's "better as a guard", his play on Saturday was borderline un-rosterable. 

DJ probably not needed, but we have cap and probably would be a value signing. I like to be deep in the trenches 

2 hours ago, ronjon1990 said:

Jackson definitely. Not a huge need for juju with meyers Tucker and 2 WR on most plays. I’d really like to use the 35 mil to extend koonce, moehrig, Spillane etc 

• Like 1

47 minutes ago, MrOaktown_56 said:

Jackson definitely. Not a huge need for juju with meyers Tucker and 2 WR on most plays. I’d really like to use the 35 mil to extend koonce, moehrig, Spillane etc 

Depends on his price for me. 

We're probably keeping 5-6 WRs (6 being if we keep a WR like McAllister exclusively for returns and part ways with one of the RBs), with Adams, Meyers, and Tucker as locks. 

The final 2 WR spots for offensive play time are up for grabs between, realistically, DJ Turner, Jalen Guyton, Kristian Wilkerson, and the WR herpes known as Keelan Doss. 

If Adams or Meyers went down, I wouldn't feel anywhere near as comfortable with any of those 4 eating up extensive snaps as I would Juju. Granted, we could try to force Tucker into the role and replace him as 3rd in the rotation, but that's getting into square peg/round hole territory. Juju in the role we likely envisioned Gallup playing would be a nice emergency starter option without scraping the bottom of the barrel. 

No way he's getting a huge deal so the money shouldn't be a major concern, and if he rebounds,  it could take WR off the block for us for a year or so when Adams inevitably retires or leaves. I'd be comfortable with Meyers, Juju, and Tucker being the 3 top WR options for a young QB for a couple of years since we can't afford to pull a Chicago and double-dip at QB and stud WR in round 1 any time soon. 

• Like 1