2024 Free Agency

Humble_Beast

31 minutes ago, massraider said:

https://overthecap.com/calculator/las-vegas-raiders

I believe we will have in the neighborhood of 68 mill after Jimmy G and Renfrow are cut--depends how they handle Renfrow. If they designate him a post June 1 cut, they could have almost 72 mill. 

We should probably assume they would rather have more cap space this year, so probably the 72 million. 

In my opinion, the Raiders don’t need that many high-priced players only 2  ( DT CB) the rest are cheap (G, RB ) Assuming they resign both of the Raiders FAs T.

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, Bitty 2.0 said:

In my opinion, the Raiders don’t need that many high-priced players only 2  ( DT CB) the rest are cheap (G, RB ) Assuming they resign both of the Raiders FAs T.

I'd like to see Elumenour and Amik come back, but there's guys out there. Amik should be a bargain. We have a new OC, and 

Guards and DTs, we need multiple bodies at both spots. We cobbled together some good interior DL play with affordable DT, we could do it again.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, massraider said:

I'd like to see Elumenour and Amik come back, but there's guys out there. Amik should be a bargain. We have a new OC, and 

Guards and DTs, we need multiple bodies at both spots. We cobbled together some good interior DL play with affordable DT, we could do it again.

I think Tyree will be a good DT.

• Like 1

30 minutes ago, Bitty 2.0 said:

Not so fast they’re going to ask for more money. Are teams willing to spend 30 million a year for a good DT? I don’t know but with the salary cap going crazy they’re worth it.

I don't see that happening. Contracts never jump up as high as the cap space does. Contracts are mostly gradually increased. Teams arent going to pay dts Donald money. They are going to have to beat Williams and Payne at 24 25 mill. Jones probably get to 27 or 28. That's the only one this year though, the rest will be in the 24-26 range. 

34 minutes ago, dante9876 said:

I don't see that happening. Contracts never jump up as high as the cap space does. Contracts are mostly gradually increased. Teams arent going to pay dts Donald money. They are going to have to beat Williams and Payne at 24 25 mill. Jones probably get to 27 or 28. That's the only one this year though, the rest will be in the 24-26 range. 

DTs is a position of need and there’s not that many of them.

Donelson sign his contract like three years ago. If Donald was in his prime and the FA, this year he’ll get 30 million easy. 

5 hours ago, Bitty 2.0 said:

I think Tyree will be a good DT.

i always said Clowney should be moved to DT as a pass rusher because he has the speed and length to give guards issues and since he lacks the ability to turn the corner he’ll never be an elite edge rusher.  now i see all the same things with tyree.

• Like 4

9 hours ago, raidr4life said:

He shouldn't get injured if the give Zues more work it would actually be a beastly 1-2 punch.

i’ve said since the end of his rookie year that we should bring in a good backup to limit his touches to keep him healthy.

Xavien Howard getting cut by Miami. Seeing Raider fans wanting to get him because he played under Graham. They were the last ranked defense in the league in 2019. Think he's a lock for Minnesota(Flores) or Houston.

2 hours ago, RaiderX said:

Xavien Howard getting cut by Miami. Seeing Raider fans wanting to get him because he played under Graham. They were the last ranked defense in the league in 2019. Think he's a lock for Minnesota(Flores) or Houston.

Big name who’s prolly washed. 2024 Marcus Peter. I’ll rather pay the money for premium guys in their prime or get value deals 

• Like 1

On 2/23/2024 at 9:42 PM, jimkelly02 said:

i always said Clowney should be moved to DT as a pass rusher because he has the speed and length to give guards issues and since he lacks the ability to turn the corner he’ll never be an elite edge rusher.  now i see all the same things with tyree.

If he ends up having a career like Clowney it will be a hit for sure.

On 2/24/2024 at 7:46 PM, RaiderX said:

I think we will be interested. The asking price will be the issue IMO. Texans have more cap space then us, while the Vikings have similar space...

I think he would be a pretty good fit here, he could be a really good solution for our outside CB spot, but since he is getting up there in age and has some injury ? I wouldn't break the bank on him...

10 hours ago, MrOaktown_56 said:

If he ends up having a career like Clowney it will be a hit for sure.

Clowney never used his hands correctly Tyree doesn’t have the problem. It's his  lack of experience that’s the problem. Easy fix. 

On 2/23/2024 at 2:23 PM, Totty said:

Quick math anyone?  What we have now with now and then with obvious cuts? 

On 2/23/2024 at 5:36 PM, massraider said:

https://overthecap.com/calculator/las-vegas-raiders

I believe we will have in the neighborhood of 68 mill after Jimmy G and Renfrow are cut--depends how they handle Renfrow. If they designate him a post June 1 cut, they could have almost 72 mill. 

We should probably assume they would rather have more cap space this year, so probably the 72 million. 

With the roll over from last year we're currently at $55.4M

Ideally we'll get an exception for Chandler's dead cap which would free up an additional $12.2M

We can save:

Tillery (Pre J1): $2.3M

Faycon (PreJ1): $2.6M

Renfrow (Post J1): $11.8M

Jimmy G (Post J1): $24M

So that's another additional $40.7M

So in an ideal world we'll have $96.1M - $108.3M

• Like 2

2 hours ago, NYRaider said:

With the roll over from last year we're currently at $55.4M

Ideally we'll get an exception for Chandler's dead cap which would free up an additional $12.2M

We can save:

Tillery (Pre J1): $2.3M

Faycon (PreJ1): $2.6M

Renfrow (Post J1): $11.8M

Jimmy G (Post J1): $24M

So that's another additional $40.7M

So in an ideal world we'll have $96.1M - $108.3M

..... Decent .....👀

• Like 1