2024 Free Agency

Humble_Beast

21 minutes ago, justwinbaby81 said:

Not sure how you got that out of $26M fully guaranteed at signing, but if you think that's a weak contract I cant help ya

The guaranteed part is all that really matters that's 2 years worth of salary and they can get out of the final year especially if he slows down or gets hurt. All the top players from other positions are getting well above their franchise tag value.

Edited by raidr4life

9 minutes ago, Rich7sena said:

This deal suggests that the team is not confident in O'Connell as a bridge QB or reliable backup. This also makes me think the team will draft a QB in the first two rounds rather than trade for Fields.

I see it that we want to let the draft come to us rather than being forced to overpay to move up. Minshew gives AOC competition in the event we can’t get another QB, for whatever reason. 

• Like 1

Just now, Dessie said:

I see it that we want to let the draft come to us rather than being forced to overpay to move up. Minshew gives AOC competition in the event we can’t get another QB, for whatever reason. 

They're not going into the season with Minshew and O'Connell battling it out just to pick 15th-ish overall next season. Not with a 31-year-old Davante Adams.

Just now, Rich7sena said:

They're not going into the season with Minshew and O'Connell battling it out just to pick 15th-ish overall next season. Not with a 31-year-old Davante Adams.

As I said I think they are prepared to do that in case other moves don’t work out. We needed a viable option for the season. 

1 minute ago, Rich7sena said:

It might be Minshew, AOC, and a 1st round rookie (Nix, McCarthy, Penix).  That's honestly the way I see it being.

15 minutes ago, raidr4life said:

The guaranteed part is all that really matters that's 2 years worth of salary and they can get out of the final year especially if he slows down or gets hurt. All the top players from other positions are getting well above their franchise tag value.

I'm agreeing to disagree, Barkley got paid just fine and has incentives to hit $46M on 3 years. There's no way he's unhappy with that off of a $10M franchise tag.

Now if Jacobs really only got $12M guaranteed, THAT I would agree is low low

11 minutes ago, Dessie said:

I don’t know if it means we won’t be willing to overpay. It just gives us some insurance in case the draft just doesn’t fall our way.

Doesn’t mean we won’t go all in on trying to secure either top 3 or JMc in front of Giants/Minn.

It may also mean we feel more comfortable going for Nix/Pennix knowing we have 2 capable alternatives should they not work out..

All options still on the table in draft IMO.

Does take us out of Fields though 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, SimonGruber said:

I wanted Minshew last season so I’m not complaining. I didn’t love much of AOC last year 

I was going to say the same thing and he played well in Indy. Had a huge comeback win here with Jax. That's when I started to notice he got some scrapper in him. The big thing is he gets the ball to his weapons, so Adams will be involved a ton if he is starting.