2018 Draft Thread I

Forge

On 9/2/2017 at 11:33 PM, big9erfan said:

Mason Rudolph 20 out of 24, 300+ yards, 3 tds, 0 ints

Week 2: 25 of 38 for 335, another 3 TDs and 0 Ints. Oh, and he's had a rushing TD each week.

Of course both games have been against low level competition.  So let's see what he can do against the big boys.

1 minute ago, Gore Whore 21 said:

I'm watching UCLA. Rosen just looks right. He's my early favorite for us in round 1 next year assuming he's available.

Yep, been surfin around and watching a lot of him.  He looks really good.  Something about his demeanor out there, his confidence, and even just the way he throws the ball that reminds me of Rodgers.

1 hour ago, big9erfan said:

Week 2: 25 of 38 for 335, another 3 TDs and 0 Ints. Oh, and he's had a rushing TD each week.

Of course both games have been against low level competition.  So let's see what he can do against the big boys.

He also still never looks at more than half the field. Really bugs me. He's also never under duress (that may be a competition thing)

4 hours ago, rudyZ said:

If Lamar Jackson is truly the real deal, the only way it becomes relevant to us is if he manages to push one of the other top QB prospects down to us, because there's simply no way Kyle is going to advocate taking him. So, I'm rooting for him all the way!

Which is certainly possible. Some team may like him over the prototypical QBs. The more legit QBs in the draft, the better it is for us. It prevents us from having to trade for Cousins if he is tagged again. Or it covers us if Cousins does indeed re-sign with the Redskins. 

2 hours ago, big9erfan said:

Cobbs is listed at 6'4" and 220.  He looks even bigger.  Can't tell you how much I enjoy watching guys like Juilo and Mike Evans just outjump or outmuscle defenders to make the catch - or how much I'd love to have a guy like that on our team.

That was one of the things that drew me to him over the offseason. I was looking at some bigger options, and I went back and watched highlights of his 2015 sophomore year - he was just really good. And he looks better through two games this year. That combination of size, knowing how to use it, and excellent hands has me worried. Those are the sort of things that cause a guy like him to rise quickly. But, if the football gods allowed it to happen, a top of the draft of Darnold/Cobbs and picking up a top guard/DB in FA would be just an ideal offseason. Or - swapping Cousins and drafting one of those other positions. 

18 minutes ago, J-ALL-DAY said:

Darnold with a bad INT there. Threw off his back foot after missing a wide open WR down the field the play earlier. Was sharp before the last two plays though.

Yea that was just a bad decision, trying to do too much.

Im not sure whether to be impressed by Darnolds arm strength and accuracy or horrified that he rarely sets his feet or uses his lower body in his short to intermediate passes. And as I type this he sets his feet and drops a bomb in a bucket. And then a beautiful TD pass.

Darnold with two big time plays. The deep ball was nice. The WR had to adjust a bit at the end, but still showed nice arm strength.

And then the TD was a nice pitch and catch. Darnold's mechanics tend to be all over the place at times, but still a lot to like there.

Archived