2018 Draft Thread I

Forge

50 minutes ago, big9erfan said:

Gonna be hard to tell how good Rosen  can be if he spends the whole saeason on his butt like he is today.  The last season before the half he had his first pass knocked down at the line and then he was hit - hard, on the next three downs.  Pretty much been happening all game.  Also, he limped off badly so I hope he is well.

Yea he's been taking a beating all game and has had pressure in his face and from each side almost every play. He isn't shell shocked though, he still drops back every play with his eyes down field, making reads and even working within the pocket well when possible. By no means is this even a good game for him as some of his ball placement has been off he's something like 11 of 27 or something but I don't see any quit in this kid or backing down. You're right though, gonna be hard to see his real potential if his OL protects him this poorly all season. 

Edit : Back to back nice drives by Rosen. Showing a variety of different throws, going through his progressions, working the secondary with pump fakes and his eyes, getting rid of the ball quick and on time. Getting some time in the pocket now to go to work and he's showing well.

14 minutes ago, big9erfan said:

19 of 26 for 292 yards and 4 TDs.  Folks, those are Rosen's 4th quarter numbers.  35 straight point in a little over a quarter to overcome a 34 point deficit.  Might have been even better than Darnold's comeback last year.

Might have been? This was better. This was absolute insanity. I've been pushing for Rosen for our team. Not only do I think he'll be there (cuz darnold/allen hype is real) but because I actually think he's the best QB. 

I'm on the "Throwin for Rosen' train now. 

2 minutes ago, John232 said:

Might have been? This was better. This was absolute insanity. I've been pushing for Rosen for our team. Not only do I think he'll be there (cuz darnold/allen hype is real) but because I actually think he's the best QB. 

I'm on the "Throwin for Rosen' train now. 

Not only that, but the concerns about rosens personality are real. Its going to rub some teams the wrong way

Rosen did some good things but got very lucky on a few passes. He has a lot of nice tools though. Holds on to the ball a bit too long, but like how he looked off the safety a few times. Rosen did go against mainly man coverage at the end though. Didn't really have to make too many touch decisions. 

1 minute ago, J-ALL-DAY said:

Rosen did some good things but got very lucky on a few passes. He has a lot of nice tools though. Holds on to the ball a bit too long, but like how he looked off the safety a few times. Rosen did go against mainly man coverage at the end though. Didn't really have to make too many touch decisions. 

Was just going to say something similar. While an impressive comeback, this was an up down game. Cant get lost in this. The touchdown that made the game 44-38 was, quite frankly, an awful decision and throw. The touchdown before that should have been intercepted. 

14 minutes ago, Forge said:

Not only that, but the concerns about rosens personality are real. Its going to rub some teams the wrong way

That was my biggest thing with him is his personality, and for whatever reason I questioned how much he cared for the game. The way he got beat up and down the field in the first half struggling to complete even 50% of tosses. And then to strap on his helmet and have a second half like that? Pretty impressive. Had some dumb penalties towards the end, got lucky on a few passes but overall the way he played and stayed the course throughout the game no matter the circumstance was eye opening. His teammates seemed to respond to him very well and never lost his cool or went off on any of them during the first half, that I could tell. But at the end of the game when he fell to a knee and his teammates ran to him, that answered a lot of questions about the kids personality right there. That's the type of leader I'd like for this team. 

6 minutes ago, Forge said:

Was just going to say something similar. While an impressive comeback, this was an up down game. Cant get lost in this. The touchdown that made the game 44-38 was, quite frankly, an awful decision and throw. The touchdown before that should have been intercepted. 

Can't argue any of these points, as I found myself cringing a couple of times after he released the ball but he definitely had his moments too. A side arm throw with a defender in his face, a nice touch throw over the middle leading his TE, a couple passes to the outside with zip, standing tall in the pocket, eyes always down field no matter what happened on the last play. Rosen definitely has work still to do, but if I'm being honest he definitely stepped to the forefront of the big three at QB for me personally. Yes, even more than Darnold and while I am impressed by Darnold's talent as well, he's got a lot more to work with as far as surrounding talent goes.

Archived