2018 Draft Thread I

Forge

Damn, those are some great breakdowns. Definitely going to start to follow his blogs and his podcast now.

This is what he has to say about Oliver and his fit with the Niners:

Fit with 49ers:

The traits Isaiah Oliver possesses would allow him to be a Day 1 starter in the 49ers' scheme. His length, fluidity and track speed enables him to consistently run with receivers in the NFL.

Coming out of Colorado, he will get compared to Ahkello Witherspoon, but I believe he is already further along than Witherspoon in his development. When it's all said and done, I don't expect to see him get drafted in the top 10, but in my eyes, if he were drafted there by the 49ers, it would not be a reach considering they'd be getting a lockdown corner. More likely, though, Oliver figures to be a prime trade-back candidate.

https://www.fourthandnine.co/single-post/2018/02/15/Profiling-49ers-2018-draft-options-Isaiah-Oliver-CB-Colorado

I'm high on Oliver, but he seems to take it to another level lol. But he backed it up with some tape and Oliver does seem to have lockdown potential. 

Yeah, the locked on 49ers podcast is really good. Brian Peacock does a pretty good job leading a daily 49ers podcast. He's also great in the offseason because Peacock is a big draftnik guy.  Crocker has come on a couple times too, and he's not the best speaker, but when it comes to DB's, he definitely knows his stuff. 

1 hour ago, Chrissooner49er said:

So cruel, shogun! To tantalize us with a fave prospect who likely will get picked before we have a chance. :( So, so cruel.

Nelson is my favorite. I will probably be holding my breath in vain for every pick until he is gone...which will not be long. Sigh.

Can't remember which game it was late in the year where we won on a FG at the end. I said then that I wished we had missed that kick. I didn't care then about winning all the rest of our games. We played well that game.  The kick being good or a miss didn't change that and also didn't matter to me one bit.  But it might well result in our missing out on Nelson, or worse, or a potential big trade ujp by someone for a QB.  Anyway, let's say 4 QBs go in the top 8 (Darnold, Rosen, Mayfield and Allen). Other guys that are almost consistently listed as going very high are Barkley and Chubb and most have Fitzpatrick there too. That makes 7.  We need to win the flip with Oakland and then hope that Chicago takes someone else.  There are plenty of candidates - Rdiley would be a nice weapon to give Trubs; or they might like Connor Williams and think a tackle more important; or Smith or Edmunds might appeal.  It's quite a stretch, but not mpossible.

7 hours ago, Chrissooner49er said:

So cruel, shogun! To tantalize us with a fave prospect who likely will get picked before we have a chance. :( So, so cruel.

Nelson is my favorite. I will probably be holding my breath in vain for every pick until he is gone...which will not be long. Sigh.

Probably won't get past the Bengals. Even if he did, there is the Buccaneers and Chicago. 49ers would have to trade up. Sucks, he's the guy I wanted. 

31 minutes ago, oldman9er said:

Not sure what level of interest is there for the Combine measurements here.. but for those people that rarely venture out to different FF areas ... this seems to be a good source for the player measurements :

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1dTgGyvrLE0vIm9yj4rK_ZznbRU19sQ1RwKimJ8UhhOY/htmlview?sle=true#

oldman, you've always been my source for sources of information on the combine. And for that rash I can't get rid of, but that's another subject entirely.

Archived