Rapaport: Expect Bears to retain Eberflus as head coach in 2024

G08

8 minutes ago, GOGRIESE said:

and nevermind lol

Hard to handle the graphic design on this, but this really ought to be the Bears "2024 offseason  theme T Shirt" design. 

Just lowercase "and nevermind lol" and some sort of historic Bears player graphic 

Edited by BEAR FACE DOWN ARROW

10 minutes ago, chisoxguy7 said:

At face value I don't mind Eberflus staying. I will be annoyed by the Eberflus decision if we do draft Williams, though.

yup. i almost expect JF to be here next year now. if we draft another QB with a holdover coaching staff as the endless bears cycle continued

18 minutes ago, chisoxguy7 said:

At face value I don't mind Eberflus staying. I will be annoyed by the Eberflus decision if we do draft Williams, though.

Correct. Honestly it'll be even worse if they trade down and get our hopes up for Nabers/Bowers/Alt/etc and they end up taking McCarthy and someone else. Whether you force the 1st pick or 7th pick on a new regime in 2025, it's still poorly done

2 minutes ago, beardown3231 said:

Correct. Honestly it'll be even worse if they trade down and get our hopes up for Nabers/Bowers/Alt/etc and they end up taking McCarthy and someone else. Whether you force the 1st pick or 7th pick on a new regime in 2025, it's still poorly done

I just want to be pleasantly surprised by this organization one time. If we want to take a QB and keep Eberflus, fine, but let's at least make it a day 3 pick. When was the last time the Bears had a new coach and a highly drafted rookie QB in the same year? Has it ever happened?

1 minute ago, chisoxguy7 said:

I just want to be pleasantly surprised by this organization one time. If we want to take a QB and keep Eberflus, fine, but let's at least make it a day 3 pick. When was the last time the Bears had a new coach and a highly drafted rookie QB in the same year? Has it ever happened?

Cut them some slack. They only had 2017 and 2021 to learn from their mistakes. Remember George is just a fan!

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, beardown3231 said:

Cut them some slack. They only had 2017 and 2021 to learn from their mistakes. Remember George is just a fan!

The problem was they kept Fox and Nagy around too long and thus gained too much knowledge from them.

They learned TOO MUCH from their mistakes!

4 minutes ago, TankWilliams said:

I'm hoping Eberflus continues with defensive playcalling regardless of hiring a new DC because I think that is what saved his job this season.  

the problem is they hired him to be the "ceo" and delegate. i fully expect him to hire a new DC and hand the controls back over so he can *squits* blow more 4th quarter leads and mismanage the team's preparation in TC coming into the season

• Like 1