Rapaport: Expect Bears to retain Eberflus as head coach in 2024

G08

8 hours ago, Epyon said:

Bringing Flus back, keeping JF1 under a new OC AND drafting Williams.... is not something I could have possibly predicted as being "on the table"

Quoting myself because I still can't believe the rumors/leaks.........

the-fan-base-looking-at-available-coache

I'm not going to freak out just yet until it's confirmed by the random people that claim to have sources but get things drastically wrong on a yearly basis. 

But I will be very very angry if they keep him. It's going to be another Lovie or Nagy lame duck situation with an OC. With Lovie you got a choice of Mike Martz or Greg Olson. People declining interviews left and right because your chances of coming back for the next season are close to zero. Even if you do your on thin ice already it's only a mater of time before your fired. 

Edited by GOGRIESE

14 minutes ago, GOGRIESE said:

I didn't realize DaBearsBlog still claims he has sources. Didn't he say just a few years ago that it Virginia was going to be dead in days-weeks after his report? 

He moreso just said she was having health issues

10 minutes ago, GOGRIESE said:

I'm not going to freak out just yet until it's confirmed by the random people that claim to have sources but get things drastically wrong on a yearly basis. 

But I will be very very angry if they keep him. It's going to be another Lovie or Nagy lame duck situation with an OC. With Lovie you got a choice of Mike Martz or Greg Olson. People declining interviews left and right because your chances of coming back for the next season are close to zero. Even if you do your on thin ice already it's only a mater of time before your fired. 

Well I'd start to get angry. Warren is just another yes man primarily here to build a stadium and make this family of jabronis money while Poles is going to go down in flames because he LOVES the coach. Remember when Eberflus was "forced" on him? 🤭 Jahns was right: Poles had a choice to not only choose between the 3 but interview more if he felt the need to. Instead he chose this goofball and now he's going to be happy about culture and love of football between everyone when they finish 8-9 next year

• Like 1

36 minutes ago, GOGRIESE said:

I didn't realize DaBearsBlog still claims he has sources. Didn't he say just a few years ago that it Virginia was going to be dead in days-weeks after his report? 

I have been operating under the belief that his inside source either was Ted himself or someone very close to Ted. Search DBB’s tweets with “Ted” and you’ll see consistent defending and praising of him. That’s not to say that he didn’t develop other confidants through that relationship, but I am reading his posts last night and this morning and treating them as more speculation from reading the tea leaves than the obviously sourced info from the Ted era. 

34 minutes ago, beardown3231 said:

He moreso just said she was having health issues

Well I'd start to get angry. Warren is just another yes man primarily here to build a stadium and make this family of jabronis money while Poles is going to go down in flames because he LOVES the coach. Remember when Eberflus was "forced" on him? 🤭 Jahns was right: Poles had a choice to not only choose between the 3 but interview more if he felt the need to. Instead he chose this goofball and now he's going to be happy about culture and love of football between everyone when they finish 8-9 next year

Man don't make me depressed at 8 in the morning lol

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, AZBearsFan said:

I have been operating under the belief that his inside source either was Ted himself or someone very close to Ted. Search DBB’s tweets with “Ted” and you’ll see consistent defending and praising of him. That’s not to say that he didn’t develop other confidants through that relationship, but I am reading his posts last night and this morning and treating them as more speculation from reading the tea leaves than the obviously sourced info from the Ted era. 

That's how I was reading it. Honestly though it doesn't make any sense with what he's saying and the timeline right now. If Poles had that much love for him I think between him and Kevin Warren there would be zero room for interpretation with their previous comments the past few weeks. Plus we shouldn't be waiting this long to figure this out. 

Wasn't Lovie fired on like a Wednesday or Thursday during the Black Monday week? 

4 hours ago, dll2000 said:

LOL

Keep Fields, keep Flus, draft a rookie QB to compete. 

What could go wrong?  Everybody’s happy. Just cut the baby in half.  

BEARS DRAFT WILLIAMS FIRST OVERALL

**Draft ends and Fields is still on the Bears**

Both Fields and Williams- 

bobawooyo-dog-confused.gif

• Like 3

33 minutes ago, Sugashane said:

BEARS DRAFT WILLIAMS FIRST OVERALL

**Draft ends and Fields is still on the Bears**

This is the *one* thing the Bears could do that would have me questioning if I want to continue supporting this team.

I'll be honest I don't get some of the concern about keeping Flus (of course some of it I do) but a few concerns below...

His record...I think the vast majority of us at the start of the season said 7-10 was around what we were expecting as the next stepping stone in our rebuild...not sure why anyone would be upset about the record...now if we want to get into the weeds and say it's about those 3 4th quarter loses I get it...but the fact we were in 2 or those 3 games was unexpected...then if you want to talk about who we beat this season and the record of those teams...well you can only play who you play...Miami have only beaten one team over .500 all season...no one is holding it against Mike McDaniel.

Not being able to attract a great OC candidate...this one needs to stop pronto because it is a falsehood...only 32 of those jobs in the league and people will take them to get it on their CV...if you don't believe it look at Eric Bieniemy leaving a rock solid situation in KC to go and coach for a "lame duck" coach in Ron Rivera in Washington...always options out there.

Something in football which I don't think will ever leave me happened this year amongst all the cheesiness of Jimmy Johnson being inducted into the Cowboys Ring of Honor...he turned round to Tory Aikman & Michael Irvin (even Emmitt Smith) and said "you weren't great when we were 1-15 but you know what? When we held that trophy up you were fantastic" didn't turn around for Johnson and those guys until year three...now it's a different time but if you have believe in a guy to lead men then you should have a little more faith in the ability to get him the right men to lead...everyone knew this was a three year plan and maybe it's time to hold our nerves and see how it plays out.

• Like 2

For those wishing for Harbaugh, Peter king said it would probably take over $20m annually to get him.  He said Sean Payton makes about $20m and there’s no reason Harbaugh would want to go any less than that.

Granted, that’s all speculation by King, but i don’t see the Bears going that high if true.  

I came to grips with the reality that Flus would be back weeks ago, and honestly, it’s made these last few days a lot more peaceful for me.  Normally I’d be staring at my phone with anxiety looking up every tweet that mentions the bears.  Now I’m still staring at my phone just no anxiety.

• Like 1

To your point about ongoing conversations, Dan, I've talked to multiple people who believe Chicago hasn't made any firm decisions on Eberflus and has been gauging the market in case it moves on.

In Jeremy Fowler's latest article.