Rapaport: Expect Bears to retain Eberflus as head coach in 2024

G08

10 minutes ago, Sugashane said:

Sadly the Bears are repeat offenders of that too. Wasted time on both Tru and Fields' deals.

Regardless of what happens I just want the Bears to stop being a joke. Idc who does it at HC or QB as long as it happens.

Exactly. I prefer to roll with Fields, but Williams is a great alternative if we don’t. Whatever way we go, I just want it to work out. For once. 

• Like 2

12 minutes ago, TankWilliams said:

I'm surprised that we yet to have confirmation one way or the other.  I would think if they were being retained they would be quick to come out about it.  

They were saying during the broadcast that the coaches and players would meet during the morning, then in the afternoon Poles and Warren would meet to go over everything.  I’d expect to hear something tonight or in the morning about Getsy.  I feel confident they’re keeping Flus.  But I’ve been wrong more than I’ve been right, so….🤷‍♂️

29 minutes ago, TankWilliams said:

I'm surprised that we yet to have confirmation one way or the other.  I would think if they were being retained they would be quick to come out about it.  

Eberflus is sitting in on all the Player exit interviews, seems pretty telling there

1 hour ago, StLunatic88 said:

Eberflus is sitting in on all the Player exit interviews, seems pretty telling there

Yeah that's a massive mistake imo..... How the hell can you throw Eberflus under the buss if he's in on the meeting and might still be your coach next year.

EDIT: Also worth pointing out a few of the podcasts have been mentioning this the last like 2-3 weeks, but Flus has had a pretty noticeable change in attitude in his pressers.... like someone would be if they felt comfortable/confident they still had a job.

Edited by Epyon

40 minutes ago, Epyon said:

Yeah that's a massive mistake imo..... How the hell can you throw Eberflus under the buss if he's in on the meeting and might still be your coach next year.

As much as you guys want to fantasize over this, the players love him and want to play for him. How you can deny that at this point is just delusion. 

8 minutes ago, StLunatic88 said:

As much as you guys want to fantasize over this, the players love him and want to play for him. How you can deny that at this point is just delusion. 

I'm talking about the flawed process itself....... You literally can't badmouth the guy to the GM, while he's in the room. It'd be career suicide if he's retained.  It makes the entire interview useless from a data gathering perspective unless the players are given time with the gm alone.

Edited by Epyon

1 minute ago, Epyon said:

I'm talking about the flawed process itself....... You literally can't badmouth the guy to the GM, while he's in the room. It'd be career suicide if he's retained.  It makes the entire interview useless from a data gathering perspective unless the players are given time with the gm alone.

You understand this isn’t the only chance these players have to talk to Ryan Poles right? He’s not some mysterious specter at Halas Hall

Anyone thinking this way is just hoping some player is going to torch the Coach (or whoever we’re talking about) so they will get fired. That’s not what these meetings are. But keep thinking it’s some unfair process if it makes you feel better 

4 minutes ago, StLunatic88 said:

You understand this isn’t the only chance these players have to talk to Ryan Poles right? He’s not some mysterious specter at Halas Hall

Anyone thinking this way is just hoping some player is going to torch the Coach (or whoever we’re talking about) so they will get fired. That’s not what these meetings are. But keep thinking it’s some unfair process if it makes you feel bette

When the entire day is being taken by these interviews, and the coaching staff is the first shoe too drop from a firing/retaining standpoint, yeah it matters that the first guy you should be evaluating and making decisions on is literally in the room.  I don't really understand what's so hard to grasp about this....

The only way it's acceptable is if the decision to keep him has already been made, in which case, it's still a flawed process because you haven't heard from the players en masse yet.

Edited by Epyon

7 hours ago, beardown3231 said:

Garofolo is reporting that the decision hasn't been made yet

As @StLunatic88 said, I'd be surprised if they fired him NOW after 9 hours of exit interviews

Me too, but what other explanation can there be for Getsy still being employed if not for Flus’ status still being up in the air? Even Flus was distancing from Getsy the past few weeks, and that was before the players bus tossed him after Sunday’s game. 

1 hour ago, AZBearsFan said:

Me too, but what other explanation can there be for Getsy still being employed if not for Flus’ status still being up in the air? Even Flus was distancing from Getsy the past few weeks, and that was before the players bus tossed him after Sunday’s game. 

Maybe they let Getsy sit in on the interviews as well xD

Usually we get notice of an end of season press availability for the GM and HC and I haven’t seen that yet. I’m gonna let myself continue to dream that this is because they’re still considering sweeping changes though I’m pretty sure I’m just setting myself up for disappointment there.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, AZBearsFan said:

Usually we get notice of an end of season press availability for the GM and HC and I haven’t seen that yet. I’m gonna let myself continue to dream that this is because they’re still considering sweeping changes though I’m pretty sure I’m just setting myself up for disappointment there.

Chatting with a buddy last night and he really thinks that they don't know what they're going to do yet which would be an absolutely nutso way to approach this, but I guess it's possible?  Different Ryan and Matt, but do you guys remember when they kept Nagy and Pace but needed extensive meetings with George and Ted to reach that conclusion?  

\