Week 18: VIKINGS (7-9) at Lions (11-5)

swede700

The switching from one QB to another back to the one that was switched out for this year reminds me of the 2013 season where the same thing happened.

Expect back then we didn't have a top 10 QB on IR, which led to all this craziness.

1 minute ago, SemperFeist said:

Hall and Mullens are going to compete for the QB2 spot in training camp. 

I wouldn’t be surprised if Mullens isn’t back. Turnovers are something KOC has to stress this offseason bringing Mullens back, even though he’s a backup kind of goes against that message. The backup QB is still one play away from having to lead the team. 

1 minute ago, Captain Relax said:

I know people will disagree, but I don't want Dobbs or Mullens on the roster next season. 

I agree. I don’t think either really fit. I wonder how Dobbs would look with a full offseason in the system. 

Just now, vikingsrule said:

I agree. I don’t think either really fit. I wonder how Dobbs would look with a full offseason in the system. 

I like Dobbs athleticism, smarts and toughness. He just doesn't have a very good arm.  That will always limit his possibilities. 

Mullens has a little bit better arm, but he's one of the least athletic QBs I've seen in awhile.  What burns me about him is his inability to read a Red Zone defensive coverage and his lack of discipline with the ball.  If he could understand his limitations and play with intelligence, he'd be a decent, not great backup.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, SemperFeist said:

Hall and Mullens are going to compete for the QB2 spot in training camp. 

I guess if we draft a rookie and don't sign Cousins or a veteran starter like Minshew.

Anyways, I wonder if Bridgewater will play at all in this game?

6 minutes ago, SteelKing728 said:

I guess if we draft a rookie and don't sign Cousins or a veteran starter like Minshew.

It’s Bridgewates last NFL game? Fitting it comes against us. 

• Like 2

8 minutes ago, SteelKing728 said:

Think he could switch teams and go out as a viking?

• Like 2

12 minutes ago, vikesfan89 said:

Think he could switch teams and go out as a viking?

Might as well man lol

I still wonder what could have been had Teddy not got hurt in 2016.

He's healthy and plays like a top 15 QB, getting us back to the playoffs in 2016 and maybe win a game or two. Then, because the Eagles couldn't trade Bradford, they are no where near as good in 2017 as what they were, and we win the Superbowl in our own stadium that year!

A man can dream, right?!? 😂

Edited by SteelKing728
  • Like 2

7 hours ago, Captain Relax said:

I know people will disagree, but I don't want Dobbs or Mullens on the roster next season. 

Sure, some will disagree. People on the Internet will disagree with almost anything.

I personally very much agree.  I don't see a reason to leave either Dobbs or Mullens on even the offseason 90-man roster.

• Like 1

13 hours ago, SteelKing728 said:

I think the Packers will be favorites for the division next season 

I still don't trust Love.  His footwork isn't great and he's relying far too much on his arm.  He was throwing a lot of Kyler Murray-style punt passes in that Vikings game in which the defense was so far out of position that he was able to complete them. 

• Like 1