Week 18: VIKINGS (7-9) at Lions (11-5)

swede700

7 minutes ago, SteelKing728 said:

The Lions defense is great at stopping the run though. Their issue is again mobile QBs.

They've been very good, but they need to figure out a way to do it to keep the clock running and actually sustain some drives. 

41 minutes ago, babababa said:

The Vikings could send a message with a win that says they will compete with the Lions next season.

I'm trying to say that with a straight face.

I actually think they can...it just depends upon what happens during the offseason regarding the QB position.  Offensively, they can compete with the Lions...and defensively, if they can manage to keep Danielle and develop some of the other defensive players, they are a better defense than Detroit.  Detroit has a better DL, but aren't that good elsewhere. 

• Like 2

8 minutes ago, swede700 said:

I actually think they can...it just depends upon what happens during the offseason regarding the QB position.  Offensively, they can compete with the Lions...and defensively, if they can manage to keep Danielle and develop some of the other defensive players, they are a better defense than Detroit.  Detroit has a better DL, but aren't that good elsewhere. 

Will Flores be back? If Cousins, Jefferson, Hunter, Flores...

There's a lot of uncertainty for a franchise that looks lost at the moment, but you never know.

3 minutes ago, babababa said:

Will Flores be back? If Cousins, Jefferson, Hunter, Flores...

There's a lot of uncertainty for a franchise that looks lost at the moment, but you never know.

Flores isn't going anywhere.  And there's no uncertainty with JJ, he's under contract.  Cousins and Hunter, sure, but I think there's less uncertainty with Kirk.  No ones likely going to give him $45-50M coming off an injury. 

1 hour ago, swede700 said:

Flores isn't going anywhere.  And there's no uncertainty with JJ, he's under contract.  Cousins and Hunter, sure, but I think there's less uncertainty with Kirk.  No ones likely going to give him $45-50M coming off an injury. 

Not concerned about Jefferson or Cousins. Though I’d hate to see Jefferson hold out if he doesn’t get a new deal. Kwesi can’t let it get to that.

Who knows with Hunter and Flores. Could go either way. 

1 hour ago, swede700 said:

This reminds me of the 2011 Vikings. Go 3-13 with injuries, young players, poor play, and bad luck. But yet we were still in every game. A very competitive 3-13 if such thing exists. The next year we get the 4th place schedule and Adrian back and we go 10-6. 

Now we are 7-8 with 7 close losses. SOOOO many injuries, a statistic that shows us as BY FAR the unluckiest team in the league, and leading the league in turnovers. Basically bad luck and beating ourselves. Give us the 3rd or 4th place schedule next year with Cousins back and even just slightly below average turnovers instead of league high and we should be golden

Edited by Nbanflguy
  • Like 4

40 minutes ago, Nbanflguy said:

This reminds me of the 2011 Vikings. Go 3-13 with injuries, young players, poor play, and bad luck. But yet we were still in every game. A very competitive 3-13 if such thing exists. The next year we get the 4th place schedule and Adrian back and we go 10-6. 

Now we are 7-8 with 7 close losses. SOOOO many injuries, a statistic that shows us as BY FAR the unluckiest team in the league, and leading the league in turnovers. Basically bad luck and beating ourselves. Give us the 3rd or 4th place schedule next year with Cousins back and even just slightly below average turnovers instead of league high and we should be golden

The Vikings went from having a realistic chance at winning the division to possibly 4th place in the division really quickly. I hope the Bears win on Sunday, but it isn't because I want the Vikings "earning" the 4th place schedule.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, CriminalMind said:

Give me the L and the 4th place schedule in 2024

The difference is minimal.  You're either playing at the Giants or the Commanders and at home vs the Falcons/Panthers and Patriots/Jets. 

• Like 3

12 hours ago, babababa said:

The Vikings could send a message with a win that says they will compete with the Lions next season.

I'm trying to say that with a straight face.

If Kirk is back and Dan Campbell is the coach, we will definitely compete with the Lions. 

• Like 2

8 hours ago, swede700 said:

The difference is minimal.  You're either playing at the Giants or the Commanders and at home vs the Falcons/Panthers and Patriots/Jets. 

I'd far rather play the Patriots over the Jets. If Rodgers is healthy, that offense is going to be a handful for every defense. 

• Like 1