Week 18: VIKINGS (7-9) at Lions (11-5)

swede700

5 hours ago, GermanVike said:

Just get it over with. I'm still for Hall playing the game, so I at least get to watch him play (didn't watch on NYE, I'm getting old and went to bed at 01:30 a.m CET, half an hour before kickoff)

Careful what you ask for

31 minutes ago, vikesfan89 said:

Careful what you ask for

Been a Vikings fan since 2003. Stayed up at night to watch Josh Freeman play, it cant be worse, right? (okay, that's a question you should never ask as a Vikings fan)

• Like 1

31 minutes ago, GermanVike said:

Been a Vikings fan since 2003. Stayed up at night to watch Josh Freeman play, it cant be worse, right? 

replay the games from 2001 that Spergon Wynn was our starter in.

49% completion rate... 1 TD, 6 INT's... 38.6 passer rating

• Like 1

47 minutes ago, GermanVike said:

Been a Vikings fan since 2003. Stayed up at night to watch Josh Freeman play, it cant be worse, right? (okay, that's a question you should never ask as a Vikings fan)

Where are we ranking that Joe Webb playoff start? 

Just now, skywindO2 said:

Where are we ranking that Joe Webb playoff start? 

If I remember correctly, we at least scored in that game.

But that was brutal... Ponder got injured in the first game where he actually played serviceable.. Just the Vikings way: Getting you hopes up, before thoroughly crushing them.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, GermanVike said:

If I remember correctly, we at least scored in that game.

But that was brutal... Ponder got injured in the first game where he actually played serviceable.. Just the Vikings way: Getting you hopes up, before thoroughly crushing them.

I just know people make fun of Freeman's space throw, and rightfully so, but from memory, Webb's lob in that game was even worse. 

I only saw the Freeman lowlights though, wasn't able to watch the game since I was golfing in Hawaii at the time. 😎

• Like 2

7 hours ago, GermanVike said:

Just get it over with. I'm still for Hall playing the game, so I at least get to watch him play (didn't watch on NYE, I'm getting old and went to bed at 01:30 a.m CET, half an hour before kickoff)

You didn't miss anything, he clearly isn't/wasn't ready. 

• Like 1

7 hours ago, wcblack34 said:

If Kirk is back and Dan Campbell is the coach, we will definitely compete with the Lions. 

I really like Dan Campbell - except when the Lions play the Vikings. IMO his aggression is a blessing and a curse but they're a good football team with him at the helm. No small task to replace Ben Johnson when he leaves which will likely be this offseason. Lions can't get lucky with their OC staying 2 years in a row can they?

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, VikeManDan said:

Lions can't get lucky with their OC staying 2 years in a row can they?

Highly unlikely.  I'd have to think he'd take the Chargers job if offered.  He theoretically could take the Panthers job too since he's from that area, but I'd stay away from that job if I were him. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, swede700 said:

Highly unlikely.  I'd have to think he'd take the Chargers job if offered.  He theoretically could take the Panthers job too since he's from that area, but I'd stay away from that job if I were him. 

Tepper wanted him last year. I have to imagine he’s going to throw tons of cash in his direction to entice him this year. 

But Johnson is probably one of the top 2 candidates this go around. The Panthers, Chargers, Commanders, and Patriots could all be going hard after him.