Week 18- Packers vs. Bears regular season finale

Refugee

2 minutes ago, FinneasGage said:

i can't believe melton is a guy. i can't believe we got another one lol. ****. we just hit such a ******* jackpot on like every receiver we brought in lol. 

It does seem like many of them have at least one moment where they shine when they are needed most.  Melton is starting to look like he may be more than that.

37 minutes ago, PossibleCabbage said:

We knew the Jets weren't going to play the Packers next year when DET/MIN went final though.  Hard Knocks is tied to the playoffs so this was a "win and get off TV" scenario!

I don’t know who “we” is but I definitely didn’t know til all of the dust settled at the end of our game. Today was a pretty critical day for all of the playoff scenarios races/seeding/draft order. Next years schedule was also determined but it was not the first or even fourth thing I was tracking. But until today, there was a real possibility of AR returning to play in GB next year and a whole circus that would follow. I’m happy not to have it. I’m fine with no Hard Knocks, but be honest, you would watch every episode if they were in GB. 

5 minutes ago, Mazrimiv said:

In fairness, that is only because posting that in the CHI forum would be incitement and trolling.

It's a common "fan slander" that been thrown around for years - and they have their own towards Green Bay. How does anybody get worked up about it still?

1 minute ago, incognito_man said:

What has been the avg starting field position in returns for the coverage unit?

Great question.  For this game, it was beyond the 30 yard line nearly every time. For the season, no clue.

2 minutes ago, Refugee said:

But until today, there was a real possibility of AR returning to play in GB next year and a whole circus that would follow. I’m happy not to have it. I’m fine with no Hard Knocks, but be honest, you would watch every episode if they were in GB. 

Agree.

8 minutes ago, Mazrimiv said:

Having a very banged up group of receivers barely slowed the offense.  That is extremely promising going forward.  I'm almost afraid MLF might overthink when he has everyone.  Just let these guys play, and great things will happen. 

that banged up WR group may have helped in some of the development for Love.   not being able to solely rely on 1 go to WR vs just running the offense, looking at the pre-snap defense, working through the progressions and making the throw.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, mtsportsfan1 said:

ESPN box score   

"No Green bay punting". 

Has a nice sound to it!

I checked that mid way into the 3rd quarter and just could not say anything to risk the jinx

3 minutes ago, coachbuns said:

Jones was key .. Bears were at the top in rush defense.  Packers, please work out a deal with him for another year or two .. he's top notch.

Since the supposed turnaround of the Bears defense after they traded for Montez Sweat on Halloween their schedule has been: 4 divisional games, 3 games against the NFC South, and the Cardinals. and the Browns.  It's entirely possible that "the Bears defense is very good" was a mirage.

5 minutes ago, Refugee said:

I don’t know who “we” is but I definitely didn’t know til all of the dust settled at the end of our game. Today was a pretty critical day for all of the playoff scenarios races/seeding/draft order. Next years schedule was also determined but it was not the first or even fourth thing I was tracking. But until today, there was a real possibility of AR returning to play in GB next year and a whole circus that would follow. I’m happy not to have it. I’m fine with no Hard Knocks, but be honest, you would watch every episode if they were in GB. 

Really didn't care if GB played NYJ in 2024 or not.  This GB team is on the up swing, so play whatever the schedule says

• Like 1

1 hour ago, CWood21 said:

Short of the Rams choking, it'll be the Cowboys.

I more reason to really dislike the 49ers.  They basically gave the Rams the win .. buddy, buddy between their 2 head coaches.  49ers still suck. 

1 minute ago, PossibleCabbage said:

Since the supposed turnaround of the Bears defense after they traded for Montez Sweat on Halloween their schedule has been: 4 divisional games, 3 games against the NFC South, and the Cardinals. and the Browns.  It's entirely possible that "the Bears defense is very good" was a mirage.

They really don't have enough good players on defense to be very good.