Week 18- Packers vs. Bears regular season finale

Refugee

Just saw the whole weekend schedule.  We are the only Fox game, so we get Aikman. Blech.  Wouldn’t mind him normally, but not when we are playing Dallas.  Luckily I’ll be in Mexico, so will probably get Spanish announcers anyway. 

Just glad we didn’t get that BS Monday night slot. 

2 minutes ago, mikebpackfan said:

Just saw the whole weekend schedule.  We are the only Fox game, so we get Aikman. Blech.  Wouldn’t mind him normally, but not when we are playing Dallas.  Luckily I’ll be in Mexico, so will probably get Spanish announcers anyway. 

Just glad we didn’t get that BS Monday night slot. 

...uh... Aikman went to ESPN and took F*ck n Buck with him.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Leader said:

Love should really have a lot more throws like this.  The first TD to Wicks should have looked like this, but instead it floated because he was throwing off his back foot for no reason. His bad footwork is going to catch up to him the same way it caught up to Rodgers if he doesn't get it fixed.

6 minutes ago, Old Guy said:

Thank you for posting that. 

Two shockers for me. Musgrave only getting 8 snaps (being careful with him), Melton leading the WR's with 48 snaps. They must really like the dude. 

Melton also was the healthiest of Reed, Wicks entering the game and with Doubs getting injured in game.

And i do think GB likes what Melton brings

Edited by squire12
  • Like 1

4 minutes ago, squire12 said:

Melton also was the healthiest of Reed, Wicks entering the game and with Doubs getting injured in game.

Yep.  His ability to run the jet sweeps gives him a leg up on guys like Doubs and Heath in this offense.

• Like 2

57 minutes ago, Mazrimiv said:

Love should really have a lot more throws like this.  The first TD to Wicks should have looked like this, but instead it floated because he was throwing off his back foot for no reason. His bad footwork is going to catch up to him the same way it caught up to Rodgers if he doesn't get it fixed.

I look forward to it catching up to him like Rodgers -- Can we begin the count to 4 MVP's as soon as next season?

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Mazrimiv said:

LOL .. now it's down to nitpicking little stuff.  Before, it was is he good enough to lead the Packers down the promised road.  The guy just lit it up the past 2 weeks, got the Packers into the playoffs and now he's getting critiqued for one of his very few incompletions.  He's got all frickin offseason to get this rectified .. some just aren't happy.

• Like 2

50 minutes ago, squire12 said:

4.3 speed .. burner.  If Watson can't stay healthy and on the field, here's the stretch the field guy possibly.

Love the emergence of Melton. Maybe I'm wrong, but I just don't see this 4.3 speed. He looks no faster than Reed and Wicks out there but man the kid knows how to get open.

Very happy Gute got away from the big slow Lazard types and brought in the smaller shifter receivers who offer more big play potential.

• Like 1

34 minutes ago, Kampfgeist said:

I look forward to it catching up to him like Rodgers -- Can we begin the count to 4 MVP's as soon as next season?

Rodgers first two MVP's occurred before his mechanics got jacked up.  The last two occurred after he fixed them.

• Like 1

The Melton/Reed snap usage is interesting.  Maybe a question of health.  Or is Reed mostly slot from 3 WR sets, whereas Melton gets used as outside guy and plays in 2WR sets?  If so, I'd imagine with another camp Reed would get more practice wide, so he could get used in any of the packages?  

On the Bears safety suggesting Packer receivers were dirty...  I haven't watched carefully enough to say.  But, I admit my casual observation is that Heath often seems to be in kinda combative, antagonizing mode.  Often seems to have guys in his face after a play, and maybe tends to be blocking and grabbing a little longer than a play requires.  Not saying he's "dirty", I don't know.  But I'm kinda hypothesizing that it might perhaps be Heath the individual, not the WR's as a whole, who might have provoked the Bears' safety to use the "dirty" label? 

1 hour ago, Mazrimiv said:

Yep.  His ability to run the jet sweeps gives him a leg up on guys like Doubs and Heath in this offense.

Agreed.   All the WR are willing and effective blockers.