Where does Michael Penix land in the draft?

2 hours ago, Trojan said:

imagine the "etc." of CJ Stroud being Chris Olave and Garrett Wilson lol

Ikr! But god forbid the Texans draft him 2nd overall, he had it too easy in college!

Edited by Chiefer
  • Like 1

On 1/4/2024 at 8:07 PM, tyler735 said:

The injury history certainly isn't ideal, but in some ways I do think it's overblown. Penix playing 13 games in 2022 and 14 games (so far) in 2023 without any injury issues should go a long way in his draft evaluation. Had these injuries occurred over the past 2 years, I'd be more concerned, but sometimes players just have some bad luck with this stuff. I remember back when Frank Gore tore ligaments in his knee twice in college and was one of the most durable RB's in NFL history. Not worried about Penix being left handed, being 23 years old when drafted, or having a "perfect throwing motion". I'll be pretty surprised if he isn't a 1st round pick.   

Not sure if you have seen this but this is good stuff lol Very......Lamar Jackson-y release? Its certainly short and compact. I dont see any flaws with it when you flip him to right handed outside of it maybe being a little low, I think its just perception because people arnt used to seeing a ton of leftys play QB.

Edited by AkronsWitness
  • Like 2

Day 2.  Inaccurate and injury history.

Inaccurate may be harsh but not NFL accurate.  A gamble that you can fix the mechanics.  All it takes is one coach to fall in love and he goes in the 1st round.

• Like 1

Honestly I think the Seahawks would be a good fit for him in the mid to late first round. 

I have a late 1st round grade on him but I think he'll probably get over drafted due to the number of QB needy teams this year.

I thought he tanked his draft stock big time last night - he was mis-reading the defense all night, missing wide open wide receivers and choosing to throw into heavy coverage, and his throws were typically off target.  He was getting a lot of pressure in his face, but he kept throwing off his back foot like he was Luka with the fade away.  I don't think he goes any higher than the late 2nd round but could be wrong.

22 minutes ago, NYRaider said:

Honestly I think the Seahawks would be a good fit for him in the mid to late first round. 

I have a late 1st round grade on him but I think he'll probably get over drafted due to the number of QB needy teams this year.

To be fair, we were saying the same of Levis last season and Howell, Ridder a year before then. I genuinely think teams have stopped doing now and are more sensible at setting a price they want to pay.