2024 BDL Winter Owners Summit

So Proposal 2 is a mess.

End of today, whichever option has the least votes is off and I'll ask people who voted for it to change their votes - if they didn't already.

I already know

bcb is a 2C -> no

SirA and MD4L are a 2C -> 2A

Scoundrel is everything but a no

Pete doesn't care

PR is a 2B -> 2A

Blue and I are a 2B -> no

@Scoundrel start the league as planned. We don't need this issue solved to start the league.

Edited by TedLavie
  • Like 1

25 minutes ago, TedLavie said:

So Proposal 2 is a mess.

End of today, whichever option has the least votes is off and I'll ask people who voted for it to change their votes - if they didn't already.

I already know

bcb is a 2C -> no

SirA and MD4L are a 2C -> 2A

Scoundrel is everything but a no

Pete doesn't care

PR is a 2B -> 2A

Blue and I are a 2B -> no

@Scoundrel start the league as planned. We don't need this issue solved to start the league.

Oh I will. Nothing will stop me

• Like 1

On 1/3/2024 at 1:52 PM, TedLavie said:

Proposal #2 - Base the rookie scale on the 1st overall pick from previous draft

Our rookie scale is a bit outdated we need to revamp it. My proposal is simple: have the 1.01 pick salary be at 75% (like the 3up ratio) of the previous' year, and the salaries decrease exponentially from there to $500 at 6.1 (to not touch anything related to sub500 cuts). Here's it what it would look like for 2025 if the Spotrac figures are correct (I can't guarantee that)https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1rQ_rT3ulL1EJuk5s6bFFB9m-c5G82Os8vz81OvS5EOY/edit#gid=472834359

My proposal is to have the rookie scale altered every year. So if say Shedeur Sanders gets picked 1.1 in 2025 and signs a 40M deal, then the 2026 BDL 1.01 salary would be $7,500 and everything below would move like presented in the google sheet.

This is imho, the best way to:

• Stay in line with IRL numbers while taking into account BDL specifics (a straight up 75% of IRL picks would lead to a huge gap between pick 5.16 and 6.1 if we keep the latter at $500 for example)
  • Not having to revisit this every few years and have 10 pages of discussion about it

You can answer to this proposal No, Yes for 2025 only, Yes for 2025 and onwards

BCB proposed scale: https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1Ntl-hnKTHvLQYApqtxab1TVcCTrhbmpmiEOZeIoV28Y/edit?usp=sharing

2a = 2025 only (5) - RedGold, Rags, rackcs, Pete, Scoundrel

2b = 2025 and onwards (5) - Ted, Blue, Pickle, IR, PR

2c = Bcb proposed scale (3) - bcb, SirA, MD4L

No = Keep it as is (1) - Whicker

What?

21 minutes ago, RuskieTitan said:

QFT.

If you vote for 2b, you never have to hear about these crazy talks again.

2a, 2c, or No demand you another vote in future years. 

And yes this is reductive. But also true

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, TedLavie said:

If you vote for anything but 2B you keep free will alive!

Basically if you are generally tight against the cap each year you will not want an ever increasing rookie scale.

Edited by SirA1

The price of FA is going to consistently go up and we lag one year behind the NFL in terms of cap. People should be rewarded for great drafting in this league and a discount on top players is a good thing. Keep it the same 

9 minutes ago, Whicker said:

The price of FA is going to consistently go up and we lag one year behind the NFL in terms of cap. People should be rewarded for great drafting in this league and a discount on top players is a good thing. Keep it the same 

This is a valid opinion. But we increased it one time back in 2017 and that worked out fine. This doesn't affect those who draft great in the later rounds. 

• Like 1

On 1/3/2024 at 1:52 PM, TedLavie said:

Proposal #5 - New RFA Tag

Starting the 2025 off-season, Introduce the RFA+ Tag. The RFA+ Tag will cost the same as the number one pick would cost for that year to tag but would result in the tagger receiving a 1st and 4th round pick as compensation if choosing to not match the offered contract. 

ICBR votes 

2 hours ago, TedLavie said:

So the chaos option eliminates 2b for me.

Someone else pitch me on the other options :)