If your team needed a HC AND GM, would you want Bill Belichick?

General Tso

Currently employed by New England until further notice*

But let's say he's on the market either

A) As a free agent

B) Requires a trade

If he's in your org, you must agree to let him have final say on player personnel.

It's clear that he can still coach defense. He even makes Pro Bowlers out of late round picks and tricks other teams to sign his FA so he gets comp picks.

He is also responsible for the worst offensive architecture in the NFL currently including letting Matt Patricia call plays last year.

Also here's an insane state for you according to https://theathletic.com/5168191/2024/01/02/patriots-bill-belichick-robert-kraft-future/ NE hasn't resigned a player drafted rounds 1-3 since 2013.

So would you do it? Will you make a deal with the Devil Hoodie?

Pats fan - short answer, no. Quickest and easiest explanation is that the guy will be 72 before the season starts. Teams shouldn’t want a guy who’s going to reinvent the culture, but only be around for a few years. 

If Belichick coaches anywhere else next season, I think that’s going to be a tough, tough transition for both him and the players that he’ll be coaching. Right now, he hand picks them all, and maybe a few here or there won’t exactly fit his mold. If he goes somewhere else, especially in some of the places we’re hearing (LA, Washington), how many aren’t going to take to his coaching? It doesn’t take many. 

If I were a team that needed both, I’d prefer going somewhere else, but most of that is due to the age.

• Like 1

As a Commanders fan, we need both a new HC and GM.

Would I want Belichick as HC and GM:

• As a free agent: No
  • Requires a Trade: Hell No (and I may begin having fonder memories of Snyder if this happens)

Would I want Belichick as HC with a real GM (i.e., a GM who actually has a typical GM's authority over the HC):

• As a free agent: I think I could live with it
  • Requires a Trade: No

As long as he had very influential personnel folks doing the heavy lifting for the GM job - it seems as if GM Belicheck lost a bit of his fastball when a few of his GMs-in-waiting left (Caserio and Ossenfort, specifically). 

HC Belly seems like a solid choice, but gotta get him good personnel people to help him get him the right team.

If I'm the chargers duck yes.

If I'm anyone else not in win now mode with a competitive roster, nah.

Bill will probably coach till the win record for 75-ish. 

If my choices were between re-tread #1 and re-tread guy with 6 SBs gimme the 6 SBs.

Pre Berry/ Stefanski era browns id say yes absolutely. Would have been worth the risk since nothing else worked. I can’t see any other team being that desperate though. Especially at his age and his terrible gm track record lately.