Pro Bowl Rosters Announced

RaidersAreOne

18 minutes ago, sdrawkcab321 said:

They do when it effects contracts and bonuses 

Nothing like finding out your $2,000,000 bonus had nothing to do with winning a super bowl and more to do with making the pro bowl (Which you can't play in if you make it to the super bowl....)

40 minutes ago, notthatbluestuff said:
1 hour ago, sdrawkcab321 said:

They do when it effects contracts and bonuses 

So we're here arguing about whether Patrick Mahomes was a top 3 AFC QB this year and Jordan Love's PFF ranking out of outrage about their contracts and bonuses?

Realistically... These arguments generate clicks, which is the new currency in this digital media age. 

Mahomes getting in is incorrect from a football perspective for this season - but he's got enough of a resume to get in on name recognition, and his inclusion is going to generate clicks. There's enough to justify his inclusion but also enough to argue against it - it's the perfect storm for clickbait/algorithm-defining activity.

• Like 2

Can we differentiate between EDGE and off ball linebackers Pro Bowl? Listing a 3-4 OLB as an OLB is just a reason to have about 6 EDGE defenders while dudes who play 4-3 LB like JOK can never get in despite elite metrics.

How Tucker and Fitzpatrick are pro bowlers is beyond me.

• Like 3

8 minutes ago, ET80 said:

Realistically... These arguments generate clicks, which is the new currency in this digital media age. 

Mahomes getting in is incorrect from a football perspective for this season - but he's got enough of a resume to get in on name recognition, and his inclusion is going to generate clicks. There's enough to justify his inclusion but also enough to argue against it - it's the perfect storm for clickbait/algorithm-defining activity.

His exclusion would also have generated clicks to be fair

21 minutes ago, TedLavie said:

His exclusion would also have generated clicks to be fair

I think this particular season would have been met with less clicks on exclusion vs inclusion. I don't see how one can look at this seasons' body of work from Mahomes, Josh Allen or CJ Stroud and think that Mahomes had a better season. 

Thank god the coaches/writers/players saved the awful fan vote and got Dexy in. He's the best DL in the NFL in this year and finished something like 10th in fan voting. He's the only Giant who deserved to get in this year, and he's the only one who got in, so I'm satisfied.

1 minute ago, ET80 said:

I think this particular season would have been met with less clicks on exclusion vs inclusion.

For educated football fans sure. Not for the general public though.

I don't see how one can look at this seasons' body of work from Mahomes, Josh Allen or CJ Stroud and think that Mahomes had a better season. 

No argument? I think that's exagerated. I would put Allen season over Mahomes' by the eye test, but in similar fashion, Mahomes has a better comp %, TD/Int ratio, yardage and passer rating. With a worst supporting cast.

As for CJ Stroud, he missed two games and has been less impactful with his legs.

I would put both Stroud and Allen over Mahomes this year, but I don't think there's no argument for Mahomes either

18 minutes ago, minutemancl said:

Thank god the coaches/writers/players saved the awful fan vote and got Dexy in. He's the best DL in the NFL in this year and finished something like 10th in fan voting. He's the only Giant who deserved to get in this year, and he's the only one who got in, so I'm satisfied.

I love Sexy Dexy as well, but... Dallas and New York fans whining about fan votes, lmao.

Try having a team out in the wilderness surrounded by coyotes (who don't vote on mobile phones).

• Like 1

5 hours ago, notthatbluestuff said:

It's the Pro Bowl, it's essentially an event aimed at children. I can't believe some here are sitting around debating who "deserves a spot" at playing dodgeball in Orlando. You want to argue about who had a better year, wait for the All-Pro teams to be announced.

Ehh its a little bit more than a novelty on the NFL side. It matters when players are negotiating their next contracts, trying to hit incentives in their current contracts and its factored into the HOF voting criteria for the really great players. Which is why I cant believe they dont take it more seriously to get it correct considering it does have some business-side ripple effect. For the fan perspective its all just show.

Edited by AkronsWitness
  • Like 1