2018/19 Europe Thread - It begins again

UKTexans

• 3 weeks later...

I'd like to propose that all other English teams fold and the Premier League is made up of Liverpool vs. Man City playing twice a week until the dawn of time. 

Also, this referee has been bloody tremendous, but no one will mention that. 

49 minutes ago, TomRalph said:

I'd like to propose that all other English teams fold and the Premier League is made up of Liverpool vs. Man City playing twice a week until the dawn of time. 

Also, this referee has been bloody tremendous, but no one will mention that. 

Totally agreed on the referee. He's played a huge part in making this a great match. I don't won't to jinx  anything so I'll wait until after the match to post my thoughts. 

Brilliant from Liverpool. Salah and Mane will get the headlines but the defense was fantastic. Alexander-Arnold and Robertson in particular were the best players on the pitch for me. They really controlled their wing and City struggled to create anything without the width. 

Milner and Henderson did a great job of setting the tempo and constantly harassed City when they were on the ball. 

Really a great team performance and while there was a sense of tension around conceding an away goal City never really threatened at all. 

Great result for Liverpool.  Jumped out to a quick lead using their firepower and were able to hold City off in the 2nd.  Getting a clean sheet at home is huge for them.  Man City has a ton of work to do if they want any hope of advancing.  Pep's record in CL knockout games away is shockingly poor for a manager of his stature.

2 hours ago, roysmyboy31 said:

Great result for Liverpool.  Jumped out to a quick lead using their firepower and were able to hold City off in the 2nd.  Getting a clean sheet at home is huge for them.  Man City has a ton of work to do if they want any hope of advancing.  Pep's record in CL knockout games away is shockingly poor for a manager of his stature.

Was just reading about that online. I can't recall the exact record but it was quite poor. 

Edit: Found it, he's 4-10-9 in knockout away matches.