Pittsburgh Steelers vs New England Patriots discussion thread

Slingin' Sammy

Just now, Starless said:

He didn't maintain control of the ball. 

They sure didn't care about that last year when they ruled an identical play was a TD. It's a stupid, nonsensical rule that the NFL doesn't enforce consistently. It's absolutely incorrect in my mind. It's absolutely correct in your mind. And we can both be right depending on what idiot with the NFL is making the final judgment. It's a joke. Everyone and their mother knows that he caught the ball and reached out for the goal-line. It's plain as day.

Just now, bucsfan333 said:

But shouldn't his knee being down complete the catch?

has to complete all the way to the ground, which in 99% of the calls I've seen, means fully falling to the ground and keeping possession.

I personally don't like the call because it's a horrible way to lose a game, but just because it sucks, doesn't make it wrong.

Just now, jrry32 said:

They sure didn't care about that last year when they ruled an identical play was a TD. It's a stupid, nonsensical rule that the NFL doesn't enforce consistently. It's absolutely incorrect in my mind. It's absolutely correct in your mind. And we can both be right depending on what idiot with the NFL is making the final judgment. It's a joke. Everyone and their mother knows that he caught the ball and reached out for the goal-line. It's plain as day.

Hey, I said the rule is garbage. But according to the letter of the rule that play was ruled correctly.

Just now, RedRider said:

Worst screw job I've seen by the refs in my life. No way that was a drop. His lung was a football move, he had already caught the ball. Therefore, the ball moving against the ground has nothing to do with it aiding the catch. 

Yep.  He made a football move, and the ball crossed the goal line.  It was a touchdown, and anybody who says otherwise is a Patriots fan.  Then again, the Patriots wouldn't be anything unless a terrible call sparked their Dynasty, so this is normal and we should all be used to it. 

The overturn was the right call. Exactly what happened to Dez on the infamous non catch vs the Packers. Stupid rule. 

Ben is a buffon for that last throw. Huge blow to Pittsburgh Superbowl chances. Cant see them winning in New England. 

Just now, tonyto36 said:

Not when he hasn't been contacted prior.  

It was all one motion.

It's like the tuck-rule.  I agree that it should probably be a catch in a "backyard football" type scenario, but given the letter of the law that is clearly, not even close, a catch.

If this was on the sideline, it would be ruled incomplete. So I can agree with that.

Just now, tonyto36 said:

Not when he hasn't been contacted prior.  

It was all one motion.

It's like the tuck-rule.  I agree that it should probably be a catch in a "backyard football" type scenario, but given the letter of the law that is clearly, not even close, a catch.

That's not how the rule is called at all.

First of all the whole he didn't mean taking control of the ball is bull****.

He established control of that ball prior to the ball hitting the end zone the play is essentially over considering he's already on the ground untouched as soon as the ball crosses the plane it's automatically a touchdown at that point we have seen numerous plays where somebody loses control of the ball and technically fumbles it and it's still a touchdown in the NFL this was a New England based decision

Just now, HorizontoZenith said:

Yep.  He made a football move, and the ball crossed the goal line.  It was a touchdown, and anybody who says otherwise is a Patriots fan.  Then again, the Patriots wouldn't be anything unless a terrible call sparked their Dynasty, so this is normal and we should all be used to it. 

Trolololololol

Archived