Pittsburgh Steelers vs New England Patriots discussion thread

Slingin' Sammy

Just now, FourThreeMafia said:

Patriots won....I respect the outcome....congrats.

But you Patriots fans would be arguing against the ruling if it happened to you guys....so enough with the "you guys just salty" stuff.     Again, I agree the call was right on the field......but its based on a completely stupid rule that has decided big games like it did here.

I would say I don't like the rule, but it's a well established rule. And if it happened on Brady's TD pass, half of the people complaining now would be saying "it's the same as the Dez catch". It's an imperfect rule for an imperfect process.

Forget about the "football move" part, it's been considered irrelevant for the rule, for some years now.

The question here, is that he had a hand underneath the ball, has the ball moved, in contact with his hand, when he was on the ground.

I can understand the whole "completing the catch" part, but here the ball doesn't directly touch the ground, it shouldn't be overturned.

9 minutes ago, RedRider said:

What about Rams fans? Vikings fans? You know a fan of every team out there is disagreeing with the call. What's the excuse you have for those fans? 

Lions fan and have seen and debated this for seven years.

100 guys in a bar think it's a catch, but by the rule change initiated years ago and tweaked seemingly every offseason, not even that close to a catch per NFL rules. 

I've been silent for most of the game, because I predicted the Patriots would win and the Steelers have been ahead for most of it.  So I figured I was better off being quiet.  Here are my comments.

1. The Patriots defensive woes are for real.  They better hope Kyle Van Noy can help turn things around, because otherwise they're going to run into a better team come playoff time.

2. I hope Antonio Brown is okay.  He is a legit MVP candidate, especially after the week Russel Wilson and Nick Foles had. If he hadn't gotten hurt, the Patriots probably would never have been in it. 

3. The reason I predicted the Patriots were going to win were because without Ryan Shazier, I didn't think the Steelers had an answer for Rob Gronkowski or the Patriots pass catching running backs.  And I was apparently absolutely correct about Gronk.  If I had been talking, I would have been making "elbow from the sky" puns the entire second half.  However, the running backs were another story.  Dion Lewis had one catch for thirteen yards and James White had two catches for eight yards.  Why?

4. If I'm the Patriots, I'm making sure I make full use of that bye week.  If there is any kryptonite for Brady, it's a dominant pass rusher that doesn't require any extra blitzers.  You know, kind of like Jacksonville has.  They may have beaten the Steelers, but only barely, and without their best player. 

2 minutes ago, lancerman said:

Once you start falling it's not a football move. 

The lunge happened after he fell to the ground. He caught ball. Fell to ground. Maintained possession. Then reached over the goalline. The reach happened after going to the ground not during

9 minutes ago, HorizontoZenith said:

Everything I said was true.  Please tell me you think Brady didn't fumble that ball so I know you're literally the most biased person here.

Tuck rule was a rule. It was ruled against the Patriots that year. It doesn't really matter what I think. People can hate it, but it is what it is.

2 minutes ago, lancerman said:

I would say I don't like the rule, but it's a well established rule. And if it happened on Brady's TD pass, half of the people complaining now would be saying "it's the same as the Dez catch". It's an imperfect rule for an imperfect process.

Okay, I agree with that.

What Im saying is, if this same thing happened at the end of the game to Gronk and the Pats, lets not act like many of the Patriots fans wouldnt be saying it was the wrong call.

Again....regardless of what team it happens to...its the right call based on a stupid rule.   

1 minute ago, kramxel said:

Forget about the "football move" part, it's been considered irrelevant for the rule, for some years now.

The question here, is that he had a hand underneath the ball, has the ball moved, in contact with his hand, when he was on the ground.

I can understand the whole "completing the catch" part, but here the ball doesn't directly touch the ground, it shouldn't be overturned.

Logically the ball had to have hit the ground, since he only had one hand under the ball. And when he hit the ground the ball blatantly turned.

20 minutes ago, HorizontoZenith said:

Yep.  He made a football move, and the ball crossed the goal line.  It was a touchdown, and anybody who says otherwise is a Patriots fan.  Then again, the Patriots wouldn't be anything unless a terrible call sparked their Dynasty, so this is normal and we should all be used to it. 

???

Who hurt you? ??

Archived