Pittsburgh Steelers vs New England Patriots discussion thread

Slingin' Sammy

1 minute ago, FourThreeMafia said:

Okay, I agree with that.

What Im saying is, if this same thing happened at the end of the game to Gronk and the Pats, lets not act like many of the Patriots fans wouldnt be saying it was the wrong call.

Again....regardless of what team it happens to...its the right call based on a stupid rule.   

It's still not the right call though because the ball didn't touch the ground.

Just now, Nodisrespect said:

Logically the ball had to have hit the ground, since he only had one hand under the ball. And when he hit the ground the ball blatantly turned.

And his hand was underneath the ball.

And like I've said before, even if you think that, and there's no conclusive video evidence either way, you have to keep the call on the field!

The fact they overturned it it's beyond ridiculous.

2 minutes ago, marshawn lynch said:

The lunge happened after he fell to the ground. He caught ball. Fell to ground. Maintained possession. Then reached over the goalline. The reach happened after going to the ground not during

The lunge is part of the fall. As it was with the Dez Bryant catch. He caught the ball with one foot touching the ground, the other in the air, and preceded to fall every second afterwards. In the process of that fall he reached out an made the lunge. 

It's the same thing as the Dez catch, if he didn't make the lunge and just stayed the way he was, it would have been a completion. It's sucky but that's just the way the rule is designed.,

I wish my team was anywhere near good enough to have the majority of the rest of the league's fans hate them. Anytime the Patriots are involved, it's pitchforks and torches. If this were Cleveland, some Steelers fans would be miffed of course, but the rest of the league wouldn't care and there sure wouldn't be this vitriol. 

Great game; I hope they meet again in the Playoffs.

1 minute ago, TXsteeler said:

It's still not the right call though because the ball didn't touch the ground.

I couldnt tell.   If thats the case, then it was absolutely the wrong call.

But I dont know what the refs saw.   I havent seen a clear shot of it either way.    

Just now, tonyto36 said:

If you guys didn't see the ball hit the ground, you clearly completely missed the play and shouldn't even be discussing it.

And you're clearly just someone who wants to derail a conversation, let's all make stupid assumptions about each other, shall we?

3 minutes ago, FourThreeMafia said:

Okay, I agree with that.

What Im saying is, if this same thing happened at the end of the game to Gronk and the Pats, lets not act like many of the Patriots fans wouldnt be saying it was the wrong call.

Again....regardless of what team it happens to...its the right call based on a stupid rule.   

Oh I agree. Most would be screaming about it. But that's kind of an every fanbase thing. 

Just now, lancerman said:

The lunge is part of the fall. As it was with the Dez Bryant catch. He caught the ball with one foot touching the ground, the other in the air, and preceded to fall every second afterwards. In the process of that fall he reached out an made the lunge. 

It's the same thing as the Dez catch, if he didn't make the lunge and just stayed the way he was, it would have been a completion. It's sucky but that's just the way the rule is designed.,

Even with ball hitting the ground I still think he maintained possesion. Ball is allowed to hit the ground if you display control. Thought that was clear control well after catching the ball.

Just now, TXsteeler said:

His other hand hit the ball.

Yep. I'll  never conceive this call. It was wrong, plain and simple. Not a Steelers fan, not an AFC fan so I don't have a dog in this race and "am not salty," as the Patriots fans so nicely put it for everyone who opposes them. James caught it, the ball was secured in his hands and not moving, he lunged as a football move, his hand hit the ground causing the ball to move after he broke the plan. Three times over, that play should have been secured as a touchdown.

1 minute ago, goldfishwars said:

Hey Steelers fans have every right to be upset, but at least we all have the AFC Championship game to look forward to. Pats versus Jags should be an incredible matchup.

Nice trolling attempt.    

16 minutes ago, TXsteeler said:

But he caught it and turned to lunge. That's a football move.

No he was falling. He had one foot on the ground, one foot bent in the air, and his body was diagonal to the ground when the ball hit his hands, he never preceded to but two feet down, he fell down. 

Archived