Pittsburgh Steelers vs New England Patriots discussion thread

Slingin' Sammy

Just now, renndawg37 said:

Because he didn't complete the catch through hitting the ground? Is this the first football game you have watched? 

I don't know is being childish how you talk to people?

We have no clear angle of the balls relation to the ground. We only have him, making a catch, falling, hitting the ground with his knee, then turning and lunging for a TD.

Just now, Thelonebillsfan said:

We have no clear angle of the balls relation to the ground. We only have him, making a catch, falling, hitting the ground with his knee, then turning and lunging for a TD.

His left hand came off the ball, and his right hand was only "controlling" the ball because the ball was sitting on the ground....

Just now, Thelonebillsfan said:

No, it was much more one motion than this. It wouldn't have been a catch in in the middle of the field either. He should have secured his position before lunging, he was going to score 1000 percent

1 minute ago, renndawg37 said:

His left hand came off the ball, and his right hand was only "controlling" the ball because the ball was sitting on the ground....

How can you tell the ball was on the ground?  It sure looked like his hand was under the ball.

3 minutes ago, Troy Brown said:
8 minutes ago, marshawn lynch said:

Even with ball hitting the ground I still think he maintained possesion. Ball is allowed to hit the ground if you display control. Thought that was clear control well after catching the ball.

he absolutely didn't maintain possession lol

Doesn't matter because:

1. he made a football move after having initial possession (making it, by rule, a catch at that exact moment, and thus not necessitating maintaining of possession)

2. there is no definitive shot of the ball touching the ground, so even with the turning of the ball, there's no evidence to overturn the call.

1 minute ago, BlaqOptic said:

Absolutely pissed. Regardless if Brown and Haden come back, the Steelers aren't going to go into Foxborough where mysterious things just happen to happen in favor of the Patriots.

idk dog maybe if ben didn't literally throw a ball into quadruple coverage where 15 people were literally standing still on the field

Archived