Saturday Night Fever - Texans @ Colts - Win or Go Home

ET80

2 minutes ago, nagahide13 said:

Panthers just start in 2025. There's clean up work to be done before then, but that's when the actual rebuild starts.

Get a legit HC, and they won't have to wait that long. Look at how quickly McVay turned things around in LA, and we also did not have a first round pick after trading up for a #1 overall QB who bombed hard as a rookie.

5 minutes ago, jrry32 said:

I'd make a joke about y'all having the #1 pick this year, but I think that would be cruel. No reason to kick a man while he's down. I'll simply say that it gets better. Nail the HC hire, and you'll dig out of this.

Belichick!

Just now, jrry32 said:

Get a legit HC, and they won't have to wait that long. Look at how quickly McVay turned things around in LA, and we also did not have a first round pick after trading up for a #1 overall QB who bombed hard as a rookie.

Bryce is going to be legit, just needs a modern offensive HC that can mentor him properly 

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Drained said:

Bryce is going to be legit, just needs a modern offensive HC that can mentor him properly 

And a couple of receivers and an o-line and a running game. And to build up a better defense around or using Burns.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, jrry32 said:

That rams roster was light years ahead of the dumpster fire that is Carolina 

• Like 4

I don’t get the people making a big deal about the timeout. Do you honestly think the Minshew-Colts had a real shot to drive 65-70yd in 45 seconds? And that’s assuming Houston doesn’t get a 1st down. 

maybe there are some statistics about what happens in a vacuum, but we don’t live in a vacuum. We live in a world where Minshew is your QB and you have a below-average passing attack. 

I don’t begrudge a team admitting that their current drive, w/ only 15yd left, is their best shot, & pouring every resource into that drive. 

this isn’t Madden.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, TransientTexan said:

I don’t get the people making a big deal about the timeout. Do you honestly think the Minshew-Colts had a real shot to drive 65-70yd in 45 seconds? And that’s assuming Houston doesn’t get a 1st down. 

maybe there are some statistics about what happens in a vacuum, but we don’t live in a vacuum. We live in a world where Minshew is your QB and you have a below-average passing attack. 

I don’t begrudge a team admitting that their current drive, w/ only 15yd left, is their best shot, & pouring every resource into that drive. 

this isn’t Madden.

It doesn’t matter. There was absolutely no reason to just willy nilly blow a timeout there trying to get them to jump offsides. It was never going to happen. So instead of saving your timeout just in case you need it to stop the clock and potentially give your team one more chance you blew it being stupid and made it a one play game. 

• Like 1

Just now, 4thandInches said:

Seriously, Goff gurley woods Kupp walkins higbee on that side alone.

All three WRs you named were brought in by McVay. Goff looked to be a total bust. Gurley was coming off a disastrous year (3.2 YPC). And Higbee had done essentially nothing as a rookie. The biggest thing we had going for us at the time was Aaron Donald and some proven guys on defense.

11 minutes ago, CP3MVP said:

That rams roster was light years ahead of the dumpster fire that is Carolina 

Not really. The Rams roster in 2016 was also pretty lousy.

Hiring McVay was crucial, but they also brought in Whitworth and Sullivan to bolster the o-line while also signing Robert Woods and Sammy Watkins to give Goff better weapons. Oh and they also drafted Cooper Kupp. That's a lot of change on offense for a head coach whose forte is offense.

19 minutes ago, Blackstar12 said:

GG @ET80 Why the Colts would take out their best player with the game on the line is beyond me. Can’t wait for AR next season. Good luck in the playoffs.

That game was absolutely nerve wracking. With AR? This Colts team probably wraps up the division by week 16.

Absolutely fantastic season for the Colts! Future is bright there too.

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, Football_Bachelor08 said:

Not really. The Rams roster in 2016 was also pretty lousy.

Hiring McVay was crucial, but they also brought in Whitworth and Sullivan to bolster the o-line while also signing Robert Woods and Sammy Watkins to give Goff better weapons. Oh and they also drafted Cooper Kupp. That's a lot of change on offense for a head coach whose forte is offense.

The roster was held back by a coach who washed  like 10  years prior. The panthers are one of the least talented teams I’ve ever seen. 

Edited by CP3MVP
  • Like 1

2 minutes ago, lavar703 said:

It doesn’t matter. There was absolutely no reason to just willy nilly blow a timeout there trying to get them to jump offsides. It was never going to happen. So instead of saving your timeout just in case you need it to stop the clock and potentially give your team one more chance you blew it being stupid and made it a one play game. 

I disagree. You stand a better shot of drawing a team offsides late in the play clock when the D thinks you have no choice but to snap it to avoid the delay of game. & if you are lined up for short yardage to further convince them that they need a good get-off to have a chance at stonewalling the OL (esp since you’ve been running it down their throats to some extent). TO lets you simulate this w/o having to commit to running a play in that alignment. You might consider it a small value-added, but it’s still value-added.