ET80

C.J. Stroud rookie crusade: 

15 games started

4,108 passing yards

23 TDs

5 INTs

2 FUM

63.9% completion 

Texans make the playoffs after a 3-13-1 season. All with a rookie HC + OC, and the Texans leading the league in guys you've never heard of. 

C.J. is He Who Remains for the next decade+

• Like 2

15 minutes ago, Texansfan713 said:

I love how he was trying to backtrack on twitter last night.  I hope all our Houston radio personalities tweet him tomorrow to get him on their show. LOL

Nah, don't give this guy any airtime. Let him get bodied in the comments section.

• Like 4

1 hour ago, Texansfan713 said:

I love how he was trying to backtrack on twitter last night.  I hope all our Houston radio personalities tweet him tomorrow to get him on their show. LOL

Didn't he call himself out 2 months ago on this and say he was wrong? Sometimes people are wrong, he at least had the ability to admit it. Most refuse and just dig in

• Like 2

11 hours ago, Malfatron said:

Also, bad passes too

If it hits you in the hands you gotta catch it, especially if the QB is angling it around the pass rush

Edited by Chiefer
  • Like 1

10 hours ago, General Tso said:

I have just discovered the Colts have 70M in cap space next season. As long as AR is healthy, this team could be really good next year.

Pittman ($20? Million), Grover Stewart ($12-15? million) Kenny Moore ($10-15? million) are all free agents. We can gain $6 million cutting Mo Alie-Cox 

18 minutes ago, Blackstar12 said:

This is what Pierce had to deal with most of the season with Minshew. 

I had Pierce in some best ball leagues, and it was so frustrating. I think he only hit on two of those all year long

6 minutes ago, Blackstar12 said:

This is what Pierce had to deal with most of the season with Minshew. 

I don't want to be the contrarian and Minshew apologist I'm known for being, but I'm not sure what Minshew is doing egregiously wrong here.

At the time he is wanting to throw, the CB seems positioned well with leverage against Pierce. Pierce only gets open after Minshew has pumped and the pocket collapses. Maybe he should throw with anticipation like Purdy, but personally, I'm not throwing this in Madden. Seems like a good play by the CB. 

ss.png

So he does decide to tuck and panic a bit early, imo, which is a fair critique, but the 2 deep safety rolling over the top only stops rolling BECAUSE Minshew tucks and runs. I'm just not sure this is as wide open as it looks if he stays patient and lets the play develop. 

• Like 1

I understand why people are blaming Steichen for the last play, but jeez it was actually a good play call that any NFL RB should be able to handle.

That being said, drawing up a play for a guy with 6 catches on the entire year with your season on the line for a 4th and 1 play is...questionable.

Still, it hit the dude in the hands. You have to catch that ball.

• Like 3

13 minutes ago, AFlaccoSeagulls said:

I understand why people are blaming Steichen for the last play, but jeez it was actually a good play call that any NFL RB should be able to handle.

That being said, drawing up a play for a guy with 6 catches on the entire year with your season on the line for a 4th and 1 play is...questionable.

Still, it hit the dude in the hands. You have to catch that ball.

I read another person on a different platform say that Taylor or Moss isn’t that wide open if they’re in on that play. Arguable at best 

Goodson should have caught it, but either Minshew threw it behind him or he waited too long to turn around to catch it. There was something in the execution that caused that play to fail.

Either way the Colts went from 4-13 to 9-8 after starting 3-5 and losing their starting/future franchise QB after 5 games. 

• Like 6

That throw that Stroud made on like 2nd and 14 in the 4th quarter when he was scrambling and threw the ball while backpedaling for the first down. There's like one or two other QBs in this league who make that throw. Stroud is insane.

6 hours ago, Wyld Stallyns said:

Pittman ($20? Million), Grover Stewart ($12-15? million) Kenny Moore ($10-15? million) are all free agents. We can gain $6 million cutting Mo Alie-Cox 

You can resign alll of them and Minshew and still have a little room. Benefits of a rookie QB