FF Big Brother X: THEUNTOUCHABLE WINS!!!

This veto ceremony is adjourned

The houseguests will now cast their vote to evict bcb or shady. Pm me your vote, in an exsiting pm you have with me

The 2 nominees dont vote.

Edit: Nazgul will only vote in the event of a tie 

@skywindO2 you still vote

You have until saturday 8pm to vote. If you dont vote you will be punished

Player list

1 @FinneasGage

2 @TedLavie

3 @MacReady

4 @skywindO2

5 @TOUCAN

6 @Dwight_Schrute

7 @Nazgul

8 @mission27

9 @TLO

10 @Whicker

11 @Shady Slim

12 @bcb1213

13 @Daboyle

14 @theuntouchable

15 @Scoundrel

16. @JBURGE

Edited by Malfatron

55 minutes ago, bcb1213 said:

I never understand why I'm an early target when you can just team up on me later with my zero alliances but whatever. Wish you all luck

I don’t wanna be that guy, but in a social game you need an alliance or alliances. But you seem like a nice fella, I hope you stay. I’ll be a great alliance member for you. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, bcb1213 said:

I never understand why I'm an early target when you can just team up on me later with my zero alliances but whatever. Wish you all luck

I have this conversation with you literally each time we play these games.

You need to buddy up. Otherwise you’re an easy target. It’s a strategy game, not a blunt force game. You can’t lone wolf these games.

A game like Survivor you’re more likely to get a little bit further in the game if you’re on a good tribe. Then you can dominate in individual immunity challenges. Play against existing feuds. Play the hidden idol voting fear. Be a team asset in immunity challenges. Etc.

There are natural handicaps in Big Brother. You can’t compete for HOH if you won the previous one. You’re guaranteed a chance to win veto if you get nominated.

It’s a naturally retaliatory game. In a game where numbers dictate whether or not you go or you stay, it’s a what can you do for me element, too.

So when you lone wolf it, everybody knows it’s only one person who can retaliate rather than a group of persons.

By nominating you, nobody fears retaliation from your allies because you have none.

There’s certainly a fine line in having numbers. Have too many relationships and sooner or later people are like, “Wait, this dude is playing both sides.” That makes it easy for both sides to eliminate the potential spy feeding the other side information. No allies whatsoever and you have no protection.

Early game your strategy is literally the easiest to attack. Late game you haven’t built up the relationships and the trust in order to get votes out of loyalty.

Every single time we play these games I try to tell you these things and you still try to go lone wolf.

I come up with a different plan every single time. I also fail, but at least I keep failing in new and exciting ways.

5 minutes ago, MacReady said:

Late game you haven’t built up the relationships and the trust in order to get votes out of loyalty.

This is why you should keep me around, I'm no threat.  But people apparantly don't want to take advantage of the numbers game early  Instead you'll just wait til one of you all get picked off then go into scramble mode.  You have the HOH, use it to weaken someone.  Not weaken no one...lol.  Again, I'll always agree to disagree.  I used to do the alliance game, broke my heart when I had to be the deciding vote between two friends.  Won't do it again.  I always want to be a man of my word

2 minutes ago, bcb1213 said:

This is why you should keep me around, I'm no threat.  But people apparantly don't want to take advantage of the numbers game early  Instead you'll just wait til one of you all get picked off then go into scramble mode.  You have the HOH, use it to weaken someone.  Not weaken no one...lol.  Again, I'll always agree to disagree.  I used to do the alliance game, broke my heart when I had to be the deciding vote between two friends.  Won't do it again.  I always want to be a man of my word

This idea is like attacking right away in chess. Pulling out all the stops. Swapping pieces. Trying to bulldoze through lines. Or in Risk. A lot of players try to attack attack attack and spread themselves thin. Make too many enemies too early and you’re dodging bullets to the end. 

It’s better to react than to act in a lot of strategy games. Learn tendencies, deduct alliance lines. Find holes, cracks, weaknesses.

Set up your position. I already voted you out, so I hope you don’t stay, but you asked why and I’m telling you my opinion.

Maybe your strategy could work. I’m not sure. My strategy hasn’t worked any of the five or six times I’ve played, but it’s gotten me pretty far in the games, so at least I’m getting my time worth.

Looking at it objectively, I just don’t think your strategy is a viable one. I just think the entire premise puts a big target right on your forehead. Like a hobbled gazelle in the African Sahara.

16 players, at least 3 groups of 4 i know of.  That''ll be more than 75 percent of the game once I'm gone.  Can't wait too long or you'll be the weak gazzelles yourself with the wrong numbers and no loners to bail you out

9 minutes ago, bcb1213 said:

I didn’t read this fully. Can’t be soft in this game. That’s also a fine line, one Nazgul and I have disagreed on. Have to have some killer instinct, but the more people you’re responsible for sending home the more you have to deal with the jealousy/animosity angle.

Definitely have to make some tough decisions. One year I decided I was going to be loyal only to one person I felt I could trust. That player was @ET80. That year I got pretty far, and I learned I could trust ET completely. It wasn’t enough because if you lose that one player you are probably screwed. I failed that year, too.

Maybe something like that might work for you. Just picking one person. Then you wouldn’t find yourself in a situation where you would ever have to lie. Then they could network for you.

I don’t know. If I ever win one of these then I’ll tell you what worked. All I know is I disagree fundamentally with the lone wolf approach.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, bcb1213 said:

16 players, at least 3 groups of 4 i know of.  That''ll be more than 75 percent of the game once I'm gone.  Can't wait too long or you'll be the weak gazzelles yourself with the wrong numbers and no loners to bail you out

I’m the lion. I am The Bald Lion. With allies as my mane, you cannot escape my fangs.